Compatibilty Kit CPL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Compatibilty Kit CPL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Compatibilty Kit CPL
Compatibilty Kit CPL
2020-11-01 14:16:14
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello to all the community,
I am creating this post for an information request. I have the TL-PA4025P Powerline Kit purchased in 2015. I would like to extend my network with this reference TL-WPA7510 KIT.
Could you confirm to me that my old CPL is indeed compatible with this new model?
In the positive, I suppose that it will be better to install the new CPL at the box and to match my old kit to the new one for network security.
Regarding the wifi of the new CPL kit, will the internet speeds be the same as the box?

Because I have a TP-Link wifi extender but the speeds are reduced to at least half which makes sense from what I have read on the websites.

Thank you in advance for your answers. T

ake care of yourself smiley

Options
2 Reply
Re:Compatibilty Kit CPL
2020-11-01 18:43:33 - last edited 2020-11-01 18:54:42

@airwolfisland 

TL-WPA7510 is AV1000 Homeplug AV product and is backward compatible with older Homeplug products from TP-Link.

see: Part3: Other questions about Powerline Device

WPA7510 appears to be an AC750 product.

Wifi speeds from WPA7510 may also be restricted by the speed and quality of the powerline link.

Regular wifi repeaters, such as the TL-WA854RE 300 mbps single band 'Wi-Fi Range Extender',  have to 'receive' wifi from the main router, and then 're-transmit' (ie. repeat) it on the same wifi band to the receiving device.  This is why download speeds are 'halved'.   The WPA5710 does not work this way.

Options
Re:Compatibilty Kit CPL
2020-11-01 23:28:51

@bob888 

Hello Bob888 thank you for your answer and information.
Good night. smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 474

Replies: 2

Related Articles