TP-link router that can be used as either in 4G/LTE mode or as merely an access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-link router that can be used as either in 4G/LTE mode or as merely an access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-03 22:23:15 - last edited 2020-11-04 05:57:06
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am looking for a product that can act in access point mode and in mobile network mode. Not both at the same time of course. I am building a configuration with the Ubiquiti's bullet M2 and I am looking for a device that I can use as the access point when I connect the Bullet M2 to an external wifi spot and in the other case as a 4G router when I want to use the mobile internet from a provider.

Does the TL-MR6400 provide this functionality. I skimmed through the manual and did not see the access point feature. Does TP-link offer a product that can do this? I would prefer to keep this configuration to one device, rather than split it into a separate dedicated devices.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-link router that can be used as either in 4G/LTE mode or as merely an access point
2020-11-03 22:24:51 - last edited 2020-11-04 05:57:06

@masjaf 

I have in the past used TP-LINK TL-WR940N as an access point together with Bullet M2.

https://www.tp-link.com/baltic/support/faq/2066/ here is the configuration as an access point that I used.

Options