Archer A6 2.4ghz wifi failing to connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-04 01:22:28
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 20200422 rel.51661(5553)

At many points in the day, the archer a6 fails to connect new devices and give off internet. Our phones lose internet connection while my laptop on 5ghz is working fine. On phones it says "ip configuration failed" or stuck at obtaining ip address. I have tried tweaking channel width, channel etc. I also have narrowed down the address pool but it still fails.

I need help fixing this.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A6 2.4ghz wifi failing to connect
2020-11-05 03:05:59

@Auxesis 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Please upgrade the firmware of the A6 to the latest first, then reconfigure it to confirm:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-a6/#Firmware

As per your description, it seems that only the 2.4GHz wireless is unstable, 5GHz, and wired connections are working just fine, can you confirm?

How many devices are connected to the 2.4GHz network, what are they? 

How did you recover the connection, do you need to reboot the A6, or disable/enable the 2.4GHz wireless on the A6, or just wait and it will reconnect automatically?

Thank you very much for your patience again~

Options
2020-11-05 03:14:05

@Kevin_Z 

Yes I have the latest firmware, it's 2020 compared to the one on tplink's website which is from 2019.

Usually there are 12 but it also happens even with around 4 devices

Yes ,I can restore normal operation by any of these (rebooting, turning off and on the 2.4gz).

Options
2020-11-06 02:07:58

@Auxesis 

Hello, thanks for getting back.

We would like to escalate your case to our engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 3