TL-PA9025P KIT - What's compatible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-04 13:43:15

Hello everyone,

I just had a technician come through to help us with our connection problems. The situation is as follows: we live in a rather large house and our modem is located in our living room which is the furthest point of our house. We have an office in our garage where we get a LAN connection thanks to the TL-PA9025P KIT. My father now wants a WiFi connection going to his room/office, but the connection stops halfway through the distance of the modem to his room. For a visualization, check lower.

Which PLC's are compatible with the TL-PA9025P KIT to solve this problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA9025P KIT - What's compatible?
2020-11-07 10:20:52 - last edited 2020-11-07 10:25:59

@Dennis123 I advise you to invest in a TP-Link mesh system, they sell a 3 device kit and it is called TP-Link Deco M4, it should be able to give you Wifi coverage for your entire setup. Powerline adapters could of course also be used, although, if there is a cirquit breaker or switch box between the two buildings, that might be a problem, since powerline signals are not well handled then.

I would go with a Mesh system and turn off every other Wifi, the one on the router and on the powerline adapters. Mesh is so much affordable today and it gives you seamless roaming using one single SSID. Your devices will automatically connect to the strongest Deco unit and you will not lose the connection if this happens.

Regading TP-Link Deco units, they can be mixed and matched, e.g. they can be integrated into the system to extened coverage. In your situation, I would set up the main deco with your modem, the 2nd one you then pace at bedroom + office. The 3rd then you can place in the Garage. As mesh works, all the mesh devices will connect and maintain the wireless connection. You may also set up a 4th deco extender at the area that does not have WiFi coverage (e.g. the area in your map that has no more connection).

Just make sure you turn off the WifI on your powerline extenders and routers, since the Deco mesh system will then be dealing with all the wireless signals and devices. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 427

Replies: 1