Update TP-Link USB Printer Controller for macOS Big Sur

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Update TP-Link USB Printer Controller for macOS Big Sur

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
128 Reply
Re:Update TP-Link USB Printer Controller for macOS Big Sur
2021-03-25 08:10:51

@Jajo 

Can we have some screenshots that illustrates the issue, then we can try to analyze? 

Are you able to find the printer on the controller? If yes, what is the error message when you tried to print?

Options
2021-03-25 08:31:01

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for all your work on this guys and providing these new drivers.

I have Archer C7 and successfully managed to install the new USB Printer Controller app.  My printer was found without any issues (see attached screenshot).  However, I don't see any printers available in my macOS system.  I've tried adding the printer both as a local printer and as a network printer using the IP address shown in the USB Printer Controller app.

I am running the latest BigSur version, v. 11.2.3.

What am I missing?

Options
2021-03-25 09:10:22

@TUllman 

Have you installed the printer driver on the BigSur 11.2.3 already? Can you print if you connect the printer to the BigSur directly (If it can connect directly)?

Options
2021-03-25 09:16:49

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, I can print when connecting the printer directly -- that's how I've always done it.  The second I connect my printer directly via USB, it shows up.  I can also see it in Brother Status Monitor app -- see below.

Options
2021-03-25 10:32:54

@Kevin_Z

Yes, am able to find the printer on the controller.

And, i try adding the printer:

However, am unable to add the printer

However, the printer shows up when i login router.

Yes, am able to print, when the printer is directly connected to the Mac.

Options
2021-03-25 11:16:53

@Jajo 

Thanks for the screenshots. Please try to uninstall the printer controller from this macOS, then reinstall it from beginning, check if there will be a difference.

We will report the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to analyze the issue.

Options
2021-03-25 12:23:50
@Kevin_Z Thanks for the update. I have tried reinstalling couple of times and still i face the same issue.
Options
2021-04-10 00:37:14

@Kevin_Z Well, I have M1. What we gonna do?)

Options
2021-04-16 17:16:08

@Kevin_Z Thanks for your kind support, if there are future updates of the beta software, where do I can find them without asking here? Is there a beta download center or something similar? Best regards

Options
2021-04-18 21:40:13

FYI, the beat for big sur bricked my macbook pro (mid-2015). Took hours to recover.

Options