Ms

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ms

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ms
Ms
2013-06-21 22:11:19
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have purchased a laptop that runs Windows 8 and find that the software that runs Powerline which I can use on my old laptop which has XP does not work for Windows 8. I have looked on the compatibility list but cannot find any Powerline products that are compatible with Windows 8. Can anyone please help and point me in the right direction?

Sandra
Options
2 Reply
Re:Ms
2013-07-01 17:52:34
The power line utility is not working with Windows 8 but all the power line adapter can work on Windows8 because the power line units are plug and play. Even though the utility can only work on your Windows xp computer, you can use it on Widnows8 after you set up on your old computer.The setting will be saved once you set it up.
Options
Re:Ms
2013-07-31 04:59:23
I had the same problem, its the WinPcap software which is the problem. The version supplied on the TP-Link website isnt Windows 8 compatible. Heres how I got around it.

Uninstall the TP-Link utility.
Go to http://www.winpcap.org/ and download the latest version of WinPcap which is version 8 compatible.
Install the downloaded version of WinPcap.
Re-installl the TP-Link utility

Worked OK for me.

Andy
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 2

Related Articles