My internet connection regularly drops - could the powerline adaptors be an issue?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My internet connection regularly drops - could the powerline adaptors be an issue?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-17 10:05:11 - last edited 2020-11-17 10:07:36

I have a talktalk modem router and two TP-Link TL-PA4010P powerline adapters. There has not been a problem until a few months ago when I started to regularly lose the internet connection. Once or twice a day the internet connection goes down and I have to reset the modem router (the talktalk sagecom model) by turning it off and on again... then all goes well for another day or two...

Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:My internet connection regularly drops - could the powerline adaptors be an issue?
2020-11-22 14:02:37

@Tommy-Zulu I advise to download the tpPLC utility from TP-Link and check the powerline connection speed between your powerline adapters. Plus with this utility you can also update the firmware on your AV powerline adapters. I own a TL-PA4010 and it was AV500 before the firmware update, now it is AV600 with the latest firmware, this helps with signal strength, so if you have AV500 firmware, updating to AV600 firmware will give you more speed on the powerline network what is always a good thing.

Options
Re:My internet connection regularly drops - could the powerline adaptors be an issue?
2020-11-22 14:05:52

@StardustOne Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 703

Replies: 2

Related Articles