Disable "WAN Error" page redirect when No Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-19 18:34:51 - last edited 2022-06-24 03:30:06
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20200827

Is there a way to disable the "WAN Error" page redirect when an Internet connection is not available? Several phones in the house think that the page redirect when the device comes back up but before Internet is re-established is a log-in redirect and so when the Internet does come back on which is a short while after router boot up, they remain stuck in that state instead of detecting the Internet connection correctly so they must be manually disconnected and reconnected to the Wi-Fi. On previous routers lack of Internet would just mean pages not loading, I don't need the redirect.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Disable "WAN Error" page redirect when No Internet-Solution
2021-01-18 09:29:07 - last edited 2022-06-24 03:30:06

@Leozaur 

Hi, I check Searinox's issue description again, sorry for my previous misunderstanding. I now understand what you are reporting, while we use this error or redirect to remind you to check and fix the internet connection issue just in case you are not sure what is going on when the phone cannot connect to the internet. The internet sometimes goes down only for the wireless devices but not always with the WAN internet connection, we use this error to distinguish that, and we think that is more clear to locate the internet issue on some feedback.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Disable "WAN Error" page redirect when No Internet
2020-12-10 07:11:53

@Searinox 

May I know who is your ISP, what kind of connection are you using on the AX10? Is it dynamic IP or PPPoE?

Can I also have a screenshot of this "WAN Error" redirect page? Thanks.

Options
Re:Disable "WAN Error" page redirect when No Internet
2021-01-18 00:01:08 - last edited 2021-01-18 00:02:36

@Kevin_Z It is entirely irrelevant. We are not asking you to fix our internet or anything. I know why it happens for me, pretty sure the OP does too. When router detects no internet connection when you try to refresh a page in your browser - it redirects to router's error message page, instead of just letting the browser handle "no response". There should be an obvious way to disable this. It's a stupid "feature".

The screenshot was posted in this thread: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/187616
Which you left unanswered.

Options
Re:Disable "WAN Error" page redirect when No Internet-Solution
2021-01-18 09:29:07 - last edited 2022-06-24 03:30:06

@Leozaur 

Hi, I check Searinox's issue description again, sorry for my previous misunderstanding. I now understand what you are reporting, while we use this error or redirect to remind you to check and fix the internet connection issue just in case you are not sure what is going on when the phone cannot connect to the internet. The internet sometimes goes down only for the wireless devices but not always with the WAN internet connection, we use this error to distinguish that, and we think that is more clear to locate the internet issue on some feedback.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1743

Replies: 3

Related Articles