Compatibility of TL-WPA281

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-15 20:08:38
Region : Malaysia

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Unifi

Hi. I would like to ask how does the powerline Homeplug adapter connect with itselves. Based on all the samples i have seen, there is one powerline homeplug which is connected via ethernet from the router and the other can be either a wireless or a non-wireless one to work. My question would be, can two wireless ones work in the exact same way? My point being, if i buy 2 TL-WPA281 powerline homeplugs, i fix one near to my router, not next to it, but near it, can it produce the same function with a wired one and provide the other
powerline homeplug of mine the internet connection? This means, i do not need to use any ethernet wires at all. Is this possible?
Options
5 Reply
Re:Compatibility of TL-WPA281
2013-02-16 10:18:45
Hum, I don't think it would work.
Options
2013-02-16 17:30:07
If there is no wires to the router or TL-WPA281, it is not possible.However, if you mean you do not want any wired Ethernet plugs, it is possible. You can use a cable to connect one of TL-WPA281 to the router by a cable,and then another TL-WPA 281 in another part of the house, it also can work.
Options
2013-02-16 22:34:46
Thank You for the reply. MyNetwork, I am not sure of what youre saying. Do you mean that i still need an ethernet cable to connect the router with the TL-WPA281? What i actually mean is, the mechanism behind the powerline is that when you connect one powerline to the router via ethernet wire, you can have another powerline adapter at a different location which can provide internet connection there due to the connectivity formed from the first powerline. My question would be what happens if i do not use wires? Does this mean the powerline adapter, standing alone cannot detect wireless waves? And therefore it needs to rely on the ethernet wires?
Options
2013-02-18 16:47:15
En, the TL-WPA 281 can stand alone and supply the wireless signal. Only one of the powerline to the router via Ethernet wire, another wireless powerline can be placed in a different locations and supply the wirelesss signal without wires to it. Does this make a little sense?
Options
2013-02-18 21:53:47
Yes yes it does :D then does the powerline adapter connected via the ethernet to the router give out wifi as well?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 806

Replies: 5

Related Articles