Electrical Cabling Structure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-16 00:04:08
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA411KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I read somewhere that these type of devices need the electrical cabling structured as a ring circuit. Does that mean cabling organised as spurs from a central fuse box with each spur having its own fuse means the devices only work on one spur and will not connect spur to spur?

Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:Electrical Cabling Structure
2013-02-16 09:50:59
What I understand is that the powerline devices can be connected via spur to spur. But you need to make sure they are in the same circuit or ammeter. And devices with built-in surge protector will reduce the transferring speed.
Options
Re:Electrical Cabling Structure
2013-04-24 16:48:30
The devices must belong to the same electrical (not ip) network to implement one powerline network. This means that the plugs you are using must be connected to the same electrical "phase" or "segment" if your building has 3-phase power supply. If your building only has 1-phase, then all you have to do is avoid any multiplugs with surge protection, filters etc., although I have read in this site that in case of interference these might help. I would propose trial and error to find out. Always first try to have only the PLC on the power socket. Also try to avoid plugs that have airconditions or other inductive loads on the same segment.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 2