Deco M5 half speed in access point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 half speed in access point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
33 Reply
Re:Deco M5 half speed in access point mode
2022-01-16 21:11:13

@srwzbk 

Exact same problem with brand new Deco M60's ... which is why I am here.

I was using the M60 as a Router, plus two wired Access Points.

The M60 as Router and Access Points all delivered full download and upload potential when

measured by three speedtests on my laptop:  OOKLA, Spectrum Speedtest, ATT Speedtest.

I ran all three laptop tests as I installed each M60 - one at a time.

Then I switched the M60s to be just two wired Access Points on my Netgear Nighthawk Router.

The Netgear Niighthawk Router delivers full download and upload bandwidth - when my laptop

is running wired or WiFi.

However, the two M60's, as wired Access Points only spec out at less than half the original bandwidth.

Very odd.  I plan to plug my laptop into a wired M60 and see what kind of (non-wifi) bandwidth I will get.

Options
2022-01-18 07:49:54

@srwzbk 

As mentioned in the solution,  the half-speed over “Test Internet Speed” on the Deco APP under access point for Deco M5 will not affect the actual internet speed on the clients, which is what had been discussed in this post.

Apparently, your speed issue about Deco M5 is quite different from the original thread.

If you do want to spend a little time with us, I would be glad to forward your case to the senior engineers.

Please feel free to send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

• I see you have updated the firmware to be 1.6.0 and on the firmware 1.6.0, once the WAN link speed on the main Deco dropped to 100m/s, there will be a notification on the Deco APP, so have you got any messages related to this?
  • May I know who is your internet service provider and what is the model number of your main router?
  • Is your network topology, like ISP---<cable>-main router---<cable>-main Deco M5----<Wi-Fi>--satellite Deco M5?
  • When the speed dropped to 100m/s, How did you restore the speed, like a restart or something else?

(please leave me a private message once you have sent the email)

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-18 08:04:16

@BudNet 

Hi, Thank you for your feedback.

I guess your modem here is Deco X60, right?

When Deco X60 was set up under access point mode and wired to Netgear Nighthawk Router, is the half-speed tested over the Deco APP, or on the mobile clients that are connected to the Deco X60?

If only on the Deco APP, could you please test on the mobile clients as well?

By the way, what is the model number of your Netgear Nighthawk Router?

Options
Related Articles