best TP Link modem/router for UK Three network 4G (and 5G compatible, if possible)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

best TP Link modem/router for UK Three network 4G (and 5G compatible, if possible)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-26 12:14:26

hi, 

i hope someone can help as i feel like i am going around in circles.

i'd like to buy a 4G compatible router to use on the three network.

i was looking at the TP-Link Archer MR600 AC1200 but then read that it's not fully compatible with Three's 4G network.

has this been resolved now with firmware updates, or is there a better model?

i'd like to connect an external aerial to boost the signal, so am looking for a model which supports that.

any help would be appreciated as i'm struggling to get a reliable answer to this basic question having searched amazon, google, etc.

thank you

steve

Options
2 Reply
Re:best TP Link modem/router for UK Three network 4G (and 5G compatible, if possible)
2020-11-26 15:18:28 - last edited 2020-11-26 15:19:04

@steve_hrg I've been using the MR600 on Three UK for about 6 months now without problem connecting to Three.

I have had issues with WiFi on the device dropping (wired connections remaining but WiFi dropping).

I ended up buying a Google Nest WiFi to both fix the issue and increase the range.

Not sure I'd recommend it TBH. A friend got a second hand Huawei (not the AI Cube) that seems to be performing better (on Three)

Options
Re:best TP Link modem/router for UK Three network 4G (and 5G compatible, if possible)
2020-11-27 14:32:54

@steve_hrg 

thanks for the reply.  i decided to go with Huawei product based on not being able to find the answer to my question on a TP-LINK product.

Dear TP-LINK team ...

For what it's worth, I would have preferred to use one of your products but your site does not seem to readily provide the answers to some very simple questions, for example:

- which of your products are best suited to which UK networks?  

- what firmware updates have you provided which may have solved some of the problems in the past?

- which of your products are best suited to non-technical users?

I would have gladly bought one of your products had it been possible to answer these questions, but it wasn't.  Seems like you're losing business which could be won fairly easily.  Just thought you should know.

thanks

steve

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1513

Replies: 2

Related Articles