Connecting Echo Dot and Amazon devices to Wifi on 4G router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-30 14:20:17
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi I have spent hours the last couple days trying to connect my Echo dots to WiFi on TPLink MR600 4G LTE router.  I have to use this router ( or another manufacturers) as Where i am using it is a remote location.  I had an Huawei , but signal reception was worse.  So just bought this. BUt whatever I try I cannot get Echo Dot to connect. I turned off auto mode so only 2.4G used.  Help please, surely this should just work Ok?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Connecting Echo Dot and Amazon devices to Wifi on 4G router
2020-12-22 15:54:36

@BillRead 

Same problem here.

Please help, Anyone?

Options
2020-12-23 08:01:41

@runfaulife   Hi I did solve it with help from TP link. You need make sure only the echo device is on and do certain things in the  Router settings

Basically the steps are ( from TP email)

Login to Router in a browser, Change DNS settings to Primary 8.8.8.8  and secondary to 8.8.4.4

Also change under advanced the wireless settings to Channel Width 40 MHz

Last  change the auto /smart bandwidth setting and select just 2.4Ghz while bond the Echo dot ( amazon do say better on 5Ghz wireless, but not had time to check that works, being on 2.4Ghz only did for mine).  After linked ok i did change Smart setting backto auto selection of Wireless 2.4/5.0Ghz, but left the rest as set above.

Let me know if works ok

regards

Bill

Options
2020-12-28 17:27:05

@BillRead 

Have spent days trying to fix this with exactly same thing. 

Just tried all you steps and no luck for me.

Anyone got any other ideas?

only diffrences is i have MR200

Options
2020-12-28 17:49:07

@Billy-Roberts  Hi again. Sorry that didnt work. I had contacted TPlink online help. And first time I did that it didnt work. But I just added another to mine, using the same process I said to you. Whereas before it wouldnt work at all. Good Luck

Bill

Options
2020-12-28 17:59:24

@BillRead 

its VERY annoying. 

Its Clearly a TP link issue cos was using a old 4g router before with my 3rd gen echo dot with no issues at all for ages. that router died on me grabbed the tp link from argos as needed it asap

and then had no luck with echo. i even bought a new echo the 4th gen as i thought maybe thats died at the same time as the knackered router. 

Very annoying!!! 

Options
2021-06-21 20:25:08

@BillRead 

Anyone had success with changing the DNS? 

I tried this but didn't solve the issue. Still can't connect the echo dot 4th gen.

Using the TL-MR6400

Very disappointing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2824

Replies: 6

Related Articles