TL-MR3220 with ZTE AC2726 modem dialing issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-17 02:02:37
Region : India

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-MR3220_V1_121123

ISP : Reliance Netconnect +

I have reliance ZTE AC2726 modem and i am trying to connect it with using the latest firmware version 121123. Router is able to detect the modem but when it tries to dial the connection is not established and reset the router after retrying 2-3 times. It was working perfectly fine earlier when i was on 120309 firmware version. So i tried downgrading my firmware version to 120309 and again it started working. I am not sure why the latest firmware version is not working with this device. Anyone else also have faced any similar issue ? Ideally the new firmware versions for a router should fix the existing issues and all the modems which were working earlier should work. Please help if there is any solution to this problem ?
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-MR3220 with ZTE AC2726 modem dialing issue
2013-02-17 07:57:57
That's frustrating, but at least it's working on the old version.

Contact TPLINK and advice them. It does appear they have left this modem out of their latest release?

Unfortunately, the ZTE AC2726 is not listed in the TPLINK modem .bin files?
Options
Re:TL-MR3220 with ZTE AC2726 modem dialing issue
2013-05-07 01:42:58
Facing same problem with the latest firmware on TL-MR3220 V1. The modem gets recognized, but PPP authentication fails for some reason. The syslogs are not detailed or descriptive, so hard to tell what's going on.

One problem that I suspect is that using the ISP provided dialler, one has the option of choosing between CDMA 1x only mode, CDMA EVDO only mode and the hybrid mode. Not sure if the usbswitchmode utility is able to distinguish between them, and make the right settings before authentication, although, that in itself, I doubt could be the reason for the inability to authenticate.

This router otherwise, works fine with a Huawei E156 (GSM) modem, with Tata Docomo and Aitel 3G SIM, in India, and overall configuration is fine, without doubt. Have written to TP-Link support, and hope to receive some helpful answers soon.
Options