AX 11000 - Router is blocking the printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-01 08:55:33 - last edited 2022-06-29 12:24:04
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200716 rel.84595(4555)

Hi guys

I'm facing strange issue with my AX11000.

I have a network printer HP OfficeJet 4622. Every time I connect the printer using WiFi to the router (as a network printer), it works 1-3 days and stop. I mean, the printer is visible in the routers Clients menu, it have IP address:

As you see, the printer was connected 9 min ago, but the HP page is unavailable now: 

Also: the printer is not available from any computer or mobile connected to the network, it works only using the USB cable. What is also important, the PING from router is working well, but not from computers connected to the WiFi. It looks like something in the router is blocking the communication (?). The printer is showing good signal strenght, it is connected to the WiFi and is still visible as connected device in the router menu. 

Resolution is: restart a router. Even if I restart the printer, after reconnection the issue is still the same. Only when I reboot the router, everything is fine, I can use the printer for next few minutes, days... The printer and the router have the newest firmware.

EDIT: after change from dynamic IP to static IP - the IP address of the printer was changed, but is not visible on the routers Clints list. However, the printer is accessible via web and PING is working. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX 11000 - Router is blocking the printer-Solution
2021-03-22 00:55:56 - last edited 2022-06-29 12:23:43

Hello @Sydney2021 @lewdi4 and everyone who is visiting this topic, 

I'm updating my previous post and removing the old beta firmware here as this issue reported two years ago has been fixed in the official firmware, there is no need for the beta firmware anymore.

If anyone still experiences a similar issue, please start a new thread and provide some details as follows:

1. Be sure you are running the latest official firmware version on the Archer AX11000. Check for the updates on the router web GUI or go to the TP-Link download center to download the latest firmware and install it.

2. Check and ensure both the computer and the printer are connected to the AX11000 directly, no other router or extender. 

3. Verify if the printer obtains an IP address successfully from the router and shows up successfully in the router's client list. If it does show up in the client list, please try to ping the printer's IP address from the computer that you want to print, then show us the result.

Recommended Solution
Options
29 Reply
Re:AX 11000 - Router is blocking the printer
2020-12-02 07:49:18

@Przybylkiewicz 

So is the issue resolved by changing the IP address from obtaining automatically to static on the printer? If that is the case, it seems that the printer obtain different IP address from the router and it is not get refreshed on the router list. It is suggested to use static IP address on the printer or you can set an Address Reservation on the AX11000 for the printer, then confirm if the issue disappears.

Options
2020-12-02 08:52:11

@Kevin_Z No, it doesn't. 

I set up the static IP yesterday, today the printer is not available as usuall. I had to reboot router in the mornign to use the printer. 

After I set up the static IP on the printer setup, the printer changed IP (according to the router Address Reservation table) but it is not visible on the routers "Clients" table as connected device. However, the printer configurarion page is working (when I enter the IP address in the browser) and I can use it. 

Options
2020-12-02 11:47:51

@Przybylkiewicz 

Have you tried to seek some suggestions from the printer support? Will it require any special setting on the gateway?

How about other devices in the AX11000 network, are they working fine?

Options
2020-12-02 11:51:00
Not yet. Yes, this is the only one device which is working wrong. The case is: rebooting of the printer does not help. Only router reboot helps. That's why I'm looking into router configuration. BTW there is not much more to configure in the printer. The setup us default.
Options
2020-12-04 12:07:40

@Kevin_Z any support here? Any idea? Additionally I have an issue with logs. Router is accidently clearing the logs table, leaving only some logs from June.... I will create another issue for that.

Options
2020-12-07 06:11:15

@Przybylkiewicz 

Hi, it is suggested to ask the printer support to check if we need to modify any special setting on the AX11000, then we can confirm.

Options
2020-12-29 21:56:45

@Kevin_Z    @Przybylkiewicz 

Hello, I had the same issue with printer on wifi. After a reboot of AX router, the wifi printer was available just for first two minutes. Then the printer was unreachable and ping from station to printer was denied. However ping from router worked well.

Workaround was to switch off the SPI firewall. I estimate there is a bug in firmware when you enable option ping from LAN the router omits wifi or does not consider wifi as LAN. So try to switch off the SPI firewall (Advanced-Security-Firewall) for a while and if it works then the issue is in router firmware because wifi printer communication shoud be included in specific LAN communication and allowed. 

Options
2020-12-30 01:24:20

@Vlastimil_B 

Do you mean the printer is working properly now with the AX11000 after you disable the SPI firewall on it?

Can I have the model number of your printer also?

Options
2020-12-30 02:42:16

@Kevin_Z I am experiencing the same issue on a AX6000 where I cannot Ping from one wi-fi device to another (PC to Printer) , but both can get to the internet.  After a router reset the devices can communicate, but shortly after lose connectivity.  I am taking the advice to disable the SPI firewall and will report back.

Options
2020-12-30 02:43:55 - last edited 2020-12-30 03:07:10

Sadly, disabling SPI firewall did not fix the issue.

Saw on another thread to try and disable multicast wifi forwarding, so I am trying that.

(FYI my Printer is a HP 8610, a HP 8710, and an epson XP-620.  All have similar behaviors.)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5574

Replies: 29

Related Articles