I woke up this morning and all my home devices Can't connect to network wirelessly or wifi - AC4000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I woke up this morning and all my home devices Can't connect to network wirelessly or wifi - AC4000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-01 15:12:05 - last edited 2020-12-01 15:51:11
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.03 Build 201026 rel.13901(553)

I woke up this morning and noticed my google hub could not connet to the WIFI. I went down stairs because my son is virtual schooling and checked all the computers and none of the computers could connect. I noticed the TV was working which is wired into the router. I could see the network, but I kept getting can't connect to this network when attempting to connect and couldn't even reach the 192.168.0.1 because it wasn't even able to connect which made me think it was not our service provider. I connected my laptop to the router and could connect to internet and 192.168.0.1 router login. Then I did the following steps to attempt to connect.

1.  I turned off the wireless radio, then back on.
  2. I reset the passwords.
  3. I changed the channel width and channel
  4. I finally factory reset the entire router and reset up everything.

Nothing is working. Please help as everyone is teleworking and schooling from home.

Update: After much troubleshooting. I am able to connect to the 5 ghz network, but the signal is very weak and if I move over 20 feet from the router I loose the connection. I cannot connect any of the devices to the 2.4 ghz network.

Options
4 Reply
Re:I woke up this morning and all my home devices Can't connect to network wirelessly or wifi - AC4000
2020-12-01 17:15:51

@simplyme247 

I've had a right old time getting a router which I'm happy with. I have a nearly new AC4000 which the jury is still out on.

I have a nearly new Tenda AC19 Router sitting in the loft which I'm happy to lend you. No catch, genuine offer, PM where you are or a contact number and i'll ring you.

Hamster (Yorkshire)

Options
Re:I woke up this morning and all my home devices Can't connect to network wirelessly or wifi - AC4000
2020-12-01 19:40:16 - last edited 2020-12-01 19:42:18

@Hamster1962  thanks for the offer. I am planning on returning the ac4000 and getting a new router. Fortunately I just bought it and can return. Definitely not going with TP Link this go around. That was the quickest router failure ever.

Options
2020-12-01 20:26:47

@simplyme247 

Well, the offer is still there, if you are local to Yorkshire you can try the Tenda until you decide which one to buy. Aside from that it would be interesting to see if it reboots several times a week for you as well which is why I bought my AC4000.

It might work perfect for you in which case you can buy it.

Routers used to be so simple..............................

Hammy

Options
2020-12-02 06:26:26

@simplyme247 

Sorry to find that you are planning to return the AC4000, apologies for any trouble.

Options