ethernet backhaul over VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-02 22:10:07
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hi,

I have 4 decos. The main deco  and deco 2 are plugged in to the same switch(unmanaged linksys), and eth backhaul works fine between them. Deco 3 and 4 use the wifi backhaul.

Now I added two other switches(tp-link) serving 2 vlans(vlan1 and 2). The two tp-link switches are conected via trunk port. Both vlans are tested and work fine. Vlan 1 should be used for eth backhaul. The main swith(linksys) is connected to vlan1 port on the tp-link switch.

However, if i plug in the 3rd deco to the vlan 1 port, on the tp-link swith, the backhaul will not engage, instead it creates a loop.

It seems network connection will be established on both media(eth +wifi), but backhaul does not succeed.

Questions:

Should the eth backhaul work over vlan at all?

Should the eth backhaul work over multiply swiches?

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Z

Options
1 Reply
Re:ethernet backhaul over VLAN
2020-12-04 06:53:44 - last edited 2020-12-04 06:54:15

@zybex  I'm having the same issue.  I tried doing a packet capture, but couldn't see anything being tagged from my main Deco unit.  Maybe I am doing something wrong with my capture.  The interfaces connected to the Deco's are in access mode, so maybe my switch is dropping the tagging?  

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 950

Replies: 1

Related Articles