TP-Link Archer MR200 - No assigned public IP issue when using DiGi (Malaysia telco) 4G broadband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link Archer MR200 - No assigned public IP issue when using DiGi (Malaysia telco) 4G broadband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-04 10:16:43
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v004a.0 Build 181219 Rel.54042n

Hello TP-Link,

Lately, I found out that some of our TP-Link Archer MR200 having problem when using DiGi 4G broadband services (DiGi is one of local telco service provider in Malaysia). My company subscribed to business package (with one public IP) from DiGi telco. We have around 50 TP-Link Archer MR200 modem installed at various location in my home state. All of it using DiGi business package as well. The issue started sometimes two weeks ago when two of our remote office suddenly lost connection to our main office. I checked both modem and found out; no public IP registered (or appeared) on the modem's status page and yet the network status states connected. I rebooted the modem a few times until it gets the public IP and the service returned to normal. This issue happens to most of our TP-Link modem and it is quite frustrating for myself and my team. Our company had used this at all remote office for more than two years. Same issue when I use newer version (v3 and v4) of TP-Link Archer MR200.

I believe this issue most probably at our telco network (DiGi) but I would like to know if it is actually a known issue for the current TP-Link modem and its firmware. Ironically, the same sim card (DiGi) works well on other 4G modem product with no issue of lost public IP address. Nevertheless, for other local telco (Maxis and Celcom), I noted no same issue occurred when using these two telco.

Kindly enlighten me.

Alex

Alex Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Malaysia
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1213

Replies: 0