MR600: Bridge or Access Point?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-06 17:53:01 - last edited 2020-12-06 18:13:45
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi TP Link Forum!

I have returned to my city house, where I have fiber internet, and I would like to use my MR600 in Bridge or Access Point mode.

I currently have an AC2100 Fiber router provided by my ISP, which covers mostly 50% of my house via WiFi as well as other devices through a gigabit switch system.

The remaining 50% of the house sees stable WiFi, yet lower speed in downloading or uploading, particularly on mobile devices.

I have plugged in an ethernet cable from the Fiber router to the MR600 WAN port, and set the MR600 to Router mode (no 4G as backup).

I have then set the Ethernet connection under the Advanced tab with the Gateway to my Fiber router and same subnet mask for both the Fiber and MR600 routers.

I have enabled the option of DHCPI as seen in the Bridge post with a Derek router, and the system seems to work okay. However, I have encountered the following issues:

- For devices that are connected via the gigabit switch through the MR600, they cannot access any devices connected to the Fiber router nor Windows Home Group

- Devices connected to the Fiber router via WiFi cannot access secondary devices (e.g. printer and NAS) connected to the MR600 via the gigabit switch

- Devices over WiFi will have two IP address (either via 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz): 192.168.1.x (if near the Fiber router) or 192.168.0.x (if near the MR600 router). The switch is almost instantaneous if you walk from one room to another and I have set same SSID/pwd for both the Fiber router and MR600.

So my question is: How can I set my MR600 to allow my Fiber router to access devices on that particular range of IPs?

I have tried setting DHCP on MR600 on the same range (e.g. 192.168.1.x) regardless of whether they are near the Fiber router or the MR600, but I get a warning from the MR600 that they need to be in the same range as the IP address of the MR600. I also tried turning off the DHCP in its entirety, without success either. I tried enabling DMZ and setting it to the Fiber router, without success also.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: See diagram attached. I hope it all makes sense?

Options
2 Reply
Re:MR600: Bridge or Access Point?
2021-01-08 17:24:44

Is anyone able to look into my query from the TP Link team?

Thanks!

Options
Re:MR600: Bridge or Access Point?
2021-04-02 19:39:51

... Still looking for a solution if TP Link Team could support? Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 3876

Replies: 2

Related Articles