Archer A9 - cannot connect clients after some time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-08 18:55:26
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20200114 rel.73164(4555)

hi,

I am fresh owner of Archer A9, using wifi without password & access list - whitelisting allowed devices.

After some time, usually next day, I cannot connect one of my whitelisted devices ( random ) to my wifi ( devices are not changing mac addresses ). I have to remove its MAC from whitelist and re-add back and then it works.

It is not blacklisted due to DDoS - just a side note.

Any idea what should I check or where to report it ir should I return it because of issue under warranty?

thanks !

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer A9 - cannot connect clients after some time
2020-12-09 03:17:00

@phoenixxko 

Hello, may I know what kind of whitelist access setting you are using on the A9? Can I have a screenshot?

Options
2020-12-09 08:26:15

@Kevin_Z hi, sure, it is regular access control via whitelist:

Options
2020-12-09 08:43:49

@phoenixxko 

Thank you very much for getting back with the screenshot.

Just to confirm again, when the device cannot access the internet the next day, does it still get a valid IP address from the router? Are you able to ping the A9?

BTW, to locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2020-12-09 09:04:07

@Kevin_Z 

hi, as I said above, I am unable to connect to my wifi at all - random whitelisted device - so no connection, no IP, no ping ... I rebooted the router yesterday, today looks like all my devices are able to connect, but the day just started so we will see later ... btw. I don't see anything in the logs either ( denied dhcp or so ... )

Options
2020-12-10 03:45:55

@phoenixxko 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue, please check your email box and confirm, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 404

Replies: 5