TP-Link AX50 issue to detect LG TV on App.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-10 16:02:20 - last edited 2020-12-11 06:50:25
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.09

Hello I have my tp link connected to the main ISP. 

I have it on Access Point Mode and I can't recognize the TV even if I am in the same wifi network. 

If I put my phone and TV in the ISP wifi everything works good

If I connect to the tp-link the phone and TV get internet very good but the LG app can't see the TV. 

Is there any filter, bug or something?

Thanks. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:TP-Link AX50 issue to detect LG TV on App.
2020-12-11 07:10:10

@Mago 

Try to disable the Smart Connect on the AX50, you may find it on the Settings->Network->Wireless page, then connect both the phone and the TV to the same network.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-11 11:36:09

@Kevin_Z 

hello Kevin. I don't have smart connect enabled. Both are in the same wifi. There are couple of post with the same. I don't know if it is a bug. 

with the device in router mode in same wifi it works. in AP mode is the issue. 

Thanks 

Options
2020-12-11 12:26:43

facing same problem im also. thank you for sharing giving this great information. it so much helpful for me.

Options
2020-12-11 12:40:48
Glad it is helpful. I tried everything but I couldn’t solve it. Seems something filtered or a bug in AP mode. Best
Options
2020-12-11 19:52:38

@Mago 

I will add more information for helping.

If I have my phone connected on TP-Link (access point mode) and the TV connected on the ISP router I CAN see the device.

If I have the phone connected on TP-Link and the TV also in the TP-Link same wifi I CANNOT see the device. So it is weird, and seems to be something is filtered or bug.

Thanks

Options
2020-12-16 12:31:43

@Mago 

Weird, we will escalate the case to the engineers, they will investigate further, please check your email box and confirm, thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1258

Replies: 6

Related Articles