TL-WPA8631P KIT (of 2). Can I add another (3rd) adapter?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-12 16:40:45 - last edited 2020-12-18 02:38:02
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

About TL-WPA8631P KIT (of 2). Can I add another (3rd) adapter?

I got this kit of 2. But I want to have an extra one on another floor.

With which single adapters is the kit compatible?

Can I use the extra adapter, of an another (same type), kit of 2?

Or are the 2 specific connected to each other and conflicting

with parts of another kit?

Arpa

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WPA8631P KIT (of 2). Can I add another (3rd) adapter?-Solution
2020-12-14 07:03:09 - last edited 2020-12-18 02:38:02

Q:

Are all TP-Link Powerline adapters compatible with each other?

Are TP-Link Powerline adapters compatible with adapters of other brands?

A: 

TP-Link Powerline adapters utilize HomePlug AV/AV2 Standards, which means all of our Powerline adapter models are compatible with each other and can be used within the same network. However, please bear in mind the overall Powerline rate will adaopt the lowest HomePlug AV standard rate when using various TP-Link Powerline adapter models in the same network.

For adapters of other brands, if they adopt the same standard, they may be compatible with TP-LINK adapters. However, please bear in mind that different brands’ products will have different methods to pair and configure the adapters. As a result, we suggest it might using Powerline adapters from the same brand to ensure convenience and compatibility.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8631P KIT (of 2). Can I add another (3rd) adapter?-Solution
2020-12-14 07:03:09 - last edited 2020-12-18 02:38:02

Q:

Are all TP-Link Powerline adapters compatible with each other?

Are TP-Link Powerline adapters compatible with adapters of other brands?

A: 

TP-Link Powerline adapters utilize HomePlug AV/AV2 Standards, which means all of our Powerline adapter models are compatible with each other and can be used within the same network. However, please bear in mind the overall Powerline rate will adaopt the lowest HomePlug AV standard rate when using various TP-Link Powerline adapter models in the same network.

For adapters of other brands, if they adopt the same standard, they may be compatible with TP-LINK adapters. However, please bear in mind that different brands’ products will have different methods to pair and configure the adapters. As a result, we suggest it might using Powerline adapters from the same brand to ensure convenience and compatibility.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1502

Replies: 1