Can't access tplinkap.net from computer conected with Ethernet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-12 17:14:48
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I bought two access points. Those two access points are connected directly to the modem. Switch with three computer on (no laptops) is also connected to the modem.

I followed the instructions how to set access point. However, I could only access the setup page (tplinkap.net) via phone or laptop, under condition, If  those two were previously connected to a Wi-Fi network transmitted by an access point.

The problem occurred when I tried to access the listed setup website (tplinkap.net) via a computer that is only connected with an Ethernet cable. I'm wondering what I need to do to be able to access settings via a computer connected only with Ethernet cable not just via Wi-Fi.

Thanks for your answers.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't access tplinkap.net from computer conected with Ethernet connection
2020-12-26 12:28:13

@Zekzu 

Good Morning

It could be that the new Access Point are on a different IP address from the LAN network you have currently.

If you connect the laptop wirelessly and compare the IP address vs the PC on the Wired connection..

At a guess your wired connection is 192.168.1.xxx  and the wireless is 192.168.0.xxx  or vice versa, if that is the case either change the IP on the APs or the LAN to match eachother

Hope that helps!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 725

Replies: 1