Votes

MAC address filtering in Deco

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Whitelist MAC filtering, please!. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

MAC address filtering in Deco

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Whitelist MAC filtering, please!. Please vote on the main thread.
27 Reply
Re:MAC address filtering in Deco
2023-05-19 14:50:01

@TP-Link 

Hi

What the model of deco support allow list of MAC address 

Options
2023-06-08 20:05:52

@TP-Link 

Just like all other comments.

It doesn't make any sens the way you manage MAC address filtering.

Since apple have the wifi private address option on phones kids are laughing at us.

Damned none of your développer is a dad?

You should add this option in your roadmap as soon as possible.

Very upset about your behaviour.

Options
2023-08-07 11:43:06

@TP-Link Please consider this, should be included in the next update. The deny list is no longer applicable, as modern equipment now utilizes a randomized MAC address feature. 

Options
2023-08-11 15:38:38

@A001 

I have Deco X20 and can't find the option for mac address filter. X20 has this option?

Options
2023-08-12 01:31:06

@JFCastel 

No, it doesn't provide this option. If you looking for parental control or some other function to control the access of the network. it is better to return it.

My daughter can easily change the MAC address or use VPN to bypass the control.

Options
2023-12-03 21:19:38

I have a couple of unknown devices that are connecting to my network that I want to block from my network but can't because they are using randomized MAC addresses and TP-link has no solution for this after all these years. Simply adding a MAC address whitelist feature, something that is a standard feature on just about every other router brand, would solve this issue. I don't know why TP-link continues to refuse to include this security option. This will force me to return my TP-link router for another brand which is sad because I otherwise like its performance.

Options
2023-12-27 12:26:02
Options