Archer AX10 High unstable ping through cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-21 16:35:39
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

I've changed my C6 due to unusable 2.4GHz band with this router and now I'm getting double and triple the MS in games. From 29-32 to 60-200 and it's very unstable.

Speed test went from 1 Ping to 3-10

I have 1GBPS connection, no issues if I connect my cable through the modem and not the router.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer AX10 High unstable ping through cable
2020-12-22 02:37:28

@Bananapantsu 

Hi, it seems that you reported a printer issue on another post, so may I know how many Archer AX10 do you have in total, and how are they connected to each other? When you experience this double and triple the MS in games, is the computer connected to the AX10 5G or 2.4G network? Have you tried to modify the wireless settings on the AX10?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-22 06:29:32

@Kevin_Z 

I have a single Archer AX10, why would I have multiple routers if I'm reporting multiple issues...

As I said in my original post I'm connected through cable, not wifi

Options
2020-12-22 06:45:48

@Bananapantsu 

Sorry that I thought you got two Archer AX10 routers, that's my fault.

Actually, it's better to describe the actual issue you are experiencing in more details, when I read your previous post, you said you have the same issue as the others, what the others reported was that their printer had issue connecting to the Wi-Fi, so do you mean now your printer is connected to the AX10 via Ethernet cable??

In order to speed up the whole process and offer a solution, save time for both of us, please provide the info we asked previously on another post. Or you may contact the local tech support via email or hotline directly, which will be more efficient:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-22 07:02:00
Ok so, regarding the ping issues, my desktop is connected through ethernet. (Main issue) Regarding my printer issue, I've tried both wifi (2.4GHz) and usb cable. Both fail to print as long as the printer is connected through wifi. If I disconnect the printer from wifi and connect it through usb to my pc it prints just fine.
Options
2020-12-24 09:12:27

@Bananapantsu 

As for the ping issues, please check if you have the same issue if you connect the same computer to your ISP modem directly first. Then try to disable the QoS on the AX10.

As for the printer, you may also confirm with the printer support if it requires any special setting on the AX10 it connects to, you can try to set an Address Reservation for it on the AX10:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1554/

Options
2020-12-24 12:59:53

@Kevin_Z I don't have the ping issues if I'm using my ISP modem. I have QoS disabled, if I enable QoS my internet becomes unstable.

Options
2020-12-25 02:36:03

@Bananapantsu 

Thanks. Can I have the MAC address of your Archer AX10? You may sent it via PM.

Options
2020-12-29 21:45:00

@Kevin_Z @Bananapantsu     Hello, I had the same issue with printer on wifi. After a reboot of AX router, the wifi printer was available just for first two minutes. Then the printer was unreachable and ping from station to printer was denied. However ping from router worked well.

Workaround was to switch off the SPI firewall. I estimate there is a bug in firmware when you enable option ping from LAN the router omits wifi or does not consider wifi as LAN. So try to switch off the SPI firewall (Advanced-Security-Firewall) for a while and if it works then the issue is in router firmware because wifi printer communication shoud be included in specific LAN communication and allowed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1660

Replies: 8

Related Articles