Can't seem to turn off Restricted mode on Youtube.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-25 15:31:16
Model: Archer A5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0093.0 Build 190125 Rel.63783n(4555)

Hi guys. My problem started a week ago. I casually browse videos from Youtube and suddenly I can't seem to see video comments and music videos that are explicit. I personally owned mu router as well as being the administrator. I checked on my Youtube settings and it appears that Restricted mode has been turned on saying "Turned on by your network administrator to help hide potentially mature videos." This happens to every devices connected to my TP-Link router. All of the devices connected have. in fact, Restricted mode turned off.  I do have another service provider with its router/modem and it doesn't seem to occur the problem when my devices are connected to that network. Also tried connecting my phones to cellular and the problem is not there. This only happened recently. I never enabled any parental control on my router. This is not an issue since then. In my opinion, this must be something to do with the router. Do you have any fix? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't seem to turn off Restricted mode on Youtube.
2020-12-25 18:12:04

@laughingstock 

I doubt the Archer A5 could switch Youtube to Restricted mode on its own.

My guess would be that your ISP (service provider) enforces the restrictions. Does your ISP offer parental controls (maybe user-configurable)?

You could also test what happens if you manually set a non-restricting DNS server for the WAN port, like 8.8.8.8 for Google or 1.1.1.1 for Cloudflare. (on your A5 it should be under Network -> WAN -> Advanced -> Set DNS server manually)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1894

Replies: 1

Related Articles