AX50 - Any hope for WPA3 ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-29 11:17:33
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Anyone here having information about a next version of the firmware with initially announced features such as WPA3 ? Is there also more advanced features (stats, optimization) planned ?

I hope I am wrong saying that like for Netgear RAX40 (Nighthawk AX4) which has the same radio Intel chip Intel (Lantiq) WAV654, we are users which are facing more or less the same issues... 

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX50 - Any hope for WPA3 ?
2020-12-30 11:51:52

@Ben78 

Hi Ben, thanks for asking. While unfortunately, Archer AX50 will not receive an update to WPA3, as it might be limited by the chipset, but we cannot understand more with the technical limitations or feasibility.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-30 15:15:02

@Kevin_Z  Hi and thanks for your direct and honest response.

At purchase time, I was quite happy to buy a future-proof router. That's really a shame.  

I am available to test any beta FW in case of things are changing. Else I think I will look for another router... :'(

NB : Still don't understand this situation with the chipset Intel. TP link should keep the pressure on them for the benefit of your customers

Options
2020-12-31 03:00:08

@Ben78 

Thank you very much for getting back, we will do if there are new features, you can also keep an eye on the official website in case there is anything new that you are waiting for.

Happy New year~

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-04 23:12:03

if the soc intelGRX350A3 the correct soc, it's a shame not to see these features implemented in the Ax50

Btw I don't know why but it's impossible to add link to intel website

Options
2021-01-24 17:45:42
still keeping an eye on official website...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 733

Replies: 5

Related Articles