QoS AX1500 limited function QoS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-04 16:13:01
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201214 Rel. 52564(5553)
QoS feature from AX1500 is limited function , im VERY disappointed with this firmware
C60 Qos feature have advanced setting like High , Medium ,Low Priority, its also can set % of bandwidth capacity

i buy AX1500 because i think AX1500 have same feature QoS like C60
as i know the AX1500 more expensive than C60, but AX1500 QoS function is bad

with this firmware, i cannot play online gaming properly, because limited QoS function
Options
9 Reply
Re:QoS AX1500 limited function QoS
2021-01-05 03:38:03

@RouterHang 

Hi, which web interface on your AX1500? With HomeCare or without?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2797/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-05 11:21:33 - last edited 2021-01-05 11:52:27

@Kevin_Z 

thankyou for reply

as you can see my upload picture

there is only option for me , Priority or Not

i dont have any option like application priority or bandwidth limiter

my OLD model TP-Like have bandwidth control function and i use that to limit any youtube/chromecast user

this is very awful, with new Router AX1500 also more expensive than my old model

i cannot limit chromecast bandwidth also youtube user

With this condition, i cant play any FPS game 

i think the new model AX1500 have same feature QoS or better than C60 because more expensive

thats why i very disappointed with this QoS feature, cheaper router like archer C60 have more QoS feature than expensive Router like AX1500 and any old model TP-Link have bandwidth control

for me , there is only way to play FPS game now

i must disconnect all youtube/chromecast user

i hope new firmware can support QoS like C60 , because i can setting % of bandwidth of each user

Options
2021-01-06 02:51:59

@RouterHang 

As far as I know, the QoS settings on the latest C60 v3 should be the same as on the AX1500, the QoS settings in the YouTube link seems an older version, we will check this.

May I know how much bandwidth you got from your ISP? Generally, the current QoS device priority is enough to prioritize a specific device.

While we will forward your request to the related department, and they will evaluate how to improve the QoS feature. If you do need the bandwidth control feature urgently, I'm afraid you may need to get (or replace the AX1500) one that already supports it, such as Archer C50 v4:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201901/20190116/1910012347_Archer%20C50A5(EU)_UG_V1.pdf

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-06 11:11:14 - last edited 2021-01-06 14:15:13

@Kevin_Z 

thank you for reply

Q = May I know how much bandwidth you got from your ISP?

A= Upload 8mbps ,download 40mbps with 5 user most activity 

Q=Generally, the current QoS device priority is enough to prioritize a specific device.

A= yes if play like RPG gaming there nothing effect , but if play FPS gaming such as CounterStrike global offensive there is big effect , the QoS AX1500 cannot handle this problem

if more than 3 user starting play youtube at same time,there is packet lost 3-5% loss

if one user open sites who have many picture like instragram or watching comic online ,its take huge amount of bandwidth ,packet loss upto 20%

before playing FPS ,my old model TP-Link(WR-941HP) ,i enabled bandwidth control to limit them all to 5Mbps, so i can play FPS with smooth condition

Q=  I'm afraid you may need to get (or replace the AX1500) one that already supports it, such as Archer C50 v4:

A= i dont wanna waste money to buy new router again ,there is no guarantee if i buy Archer C50 v4 i got this feature QoS like C60

and also C50 only have 64Mb Ram, i buy AX1500 because have triple core and 256 MB ram

look at my upload picture , AX1500 already used 49% of ram (around 128mb), so if i use router with 64mb ,its like terrible

i  already stop using 64Mb ram, its waste time to restart because stuck,my old router WR-941HP need to force restart each 3 days because stuck

also 3rd firmware(like DDWRT) cannot support any router archer AX because broadcom processor, i dont know why

so with this current condition , there is nothing i can do now , unless waiting for update firmware

my opinion

you dont need ultra high speed such as WiFi 6, its just gimmick marketing

i only need more processor and more RAM and rich QoS feature

its sad you have godlike speed WiFi 6 , triple core and 256 ram , but you cant play any FPS gaming

like a smartphone the main product is processor, ram ,camera and software other than just like accessories

from hardware side tp-link already good , tp-link only need to improve their software and feature (firmware)

your current QoS feature like very simple, just high priority or not

maybe its working enough if you live at country with high internet speed, like south korea or japan

but if you live with limited internet speed, you need to manage every detail bandwidth if you want to play properly

Q= While we will forward your request to the related department, and they will evaluate how to improve the QoS feature

A= you can forward this thread, so related department can understand what my current situation now

sorry for broken english ,i hope you understand what i mean

thank you

edit

also the another problem is your QoS cannot get real time current traffic usage

User1-pc traffic usage just 372 KB ? im watching youtube at least 2 hour and real time only 372 KB ?

also my HP samsung only usage just 668KB ?

im still play youtube and Real-time Rate still 0-0 KBps ?

Options
2021-01-08 11:04:27

@RouterHang 

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation, we will feedback to the related department and ask them to evaluate this request.

As for the real-time rate and traffic usage on the QoS page, I'm afraid this traffic cannot be monitored when you use real-time streaming like YouTube, as all this data gets pass though to the streaming server directly bypass the router, thus the data is not monitored by the router CPU.

Options
2021-01-08 11:50:18

@Kevin_Z 

thankyou for reply

oh sorry i dont know if new router cannot do that task

but, with old model TP-Link(WR941HP) ,i can see any client traffic with statistic menu

so i can see which user take a lot of bandwidth and i can limit than quickly

Options
2021-08-15 10:06:49 - last edited 2021-08-15 12:36:26

please improve the firmware router ax 1500 i try to use the QoS but no effect on heavy load and its very basic it does not have advance settings

also provide a bandwidth management feature, why was it removed even on the new router it is important to us especially many of us use 2.4 ghz devices we need it to limit internet users in our house, I hope in the next update you add it.

thank you.

Options
2021-08-15 12:00:00

@Stiltz 

enough post in this forum

stop begging with them , they never listen to you  , just buy another brand, there are many brands support limited bandwidth also cheap

they remove Qos because their user has excellent bandwidth (300mbps+++), if you have 300mbps++ ,  you dont need limited function anymore

in this case,  there is no place for country with poor internet connection like us

Options
2021-08-27 13:40:44 - last edited 2021-08-27 13:41:46

@RouterHang I've been scammed by this fucking router as well. It's too much a high price for the QoS service they provide, I thought I can have a limiter with this but they just give me a picking option to prioritize certain device which is not helping in case other devices simultaneously watching/streaming movies.

I hope someone can help us and update the QoS. sigh* 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2722

Replies: 9

Related Articles