TL-WR845N - Frequent PPPoE Connection Drops on WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-05 08:39:11 - last edited 2021-01-06 07:11:17
Model: TL-WR845N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 3.17 Build 200909 Rel.75021

I recently bought a TP-Link TL-WR845N from Amazon India and it is being used as a Router in PPPoE Mode. The Internet disconnects on WiFi every 1-2 hours and the router needs to be restarted in order to revive the connection. The WiFi signal is also not stable as sometimes the range goes all of a sudden. Also, sometimes the internet disconnects without loosing the signal and when it does, even the Router login page cannot be accessed. The Router is UN variant and is currently running the latest firmware version. I have tried changing the Wi-Fi channels and the width to 20mhz, but still the issue persists. There is no problem with the ISP since I have tried connecting it to my Archer A6 and it works perfectly. I could see that multiple users of TL-WR845N are facing the exact same issue of Wi-Fi connecting dropping and frequent internet disconnection. Please give me a solution ASAP. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WR845N - Frequent PPPoE Connection Drops on WiFi-Solution
2021-01-06 07:11:08 - last edited 2021-01-06 07:11:17

@Kevin_Z I have returned the product. TP-Link should seriously work on their firmware department or they are gonna loose a lot of buyers. Every TP-Link product comes with buggy firmware.

Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:TL-WR845N - Frequent PPPoE Connection Drops on WiFi
2021-01-06 07:00:48

@Vasudev 

Hi, check the PM that I sent to you, please.

Options
Re:TL-WR845N - Frequent PPPoE Connection Drops on WiFi-Solution
2021-01-06 07:11:08 - last edited 2021-01-06 07:11:17

@Kevin_Z I have returned the product. TP-Link should seriously work on their firmware department or they are gonna loose a lot of buyers. Every TP-Link product comes with buggy firmware.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-03-29 04:34:29
Hi Kevin_z, even I am facing the same issue. Can you please recommend some solution ?
Options
2021-03-29 06:34:33

@tony0211 

Hello, can we try to confirm some details about the disconnect issue you encountered with the WR845N, then we can try to fix it?
1. What is the exact issue, is the wireless unstable or both the wireless and wired connections are having issues?
2. Are all wireless devices or both wired and wireless devices experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients? When they got disconnected, is the wireless network of the WR845N still broadcasting or the wireless network is no longer available on all other devices as well?
3. How often does this disconnect issue happen? How did you recover the connection? It is suggested to reset it to the factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, leave all the settings by default and confirm again.
4. Is there any special activity that may cause the disconnect/drop out, such as high loading or downloading? How many devices are connected to the router at the same time? Try to disconnect some of them to verify if the connectivity is stable.
5. It is suggested to try with different channels, and try to find one with less interference with others. Change the channel width to 20MHz, then reboot the router and confirm.

Options
2021-03-29 13:47:42

@Kevin_Z  I will try to answer each one

1. wireless is unstable. For every couple of hours, devices are getting disconnected.

2.  All the devices are experiencing the same drop-out for a couple of seconds.

3.  Disconnect happens every 2 hours or so. It starts by itself after couple of seconds. we did the factory reset few times, still, the issue persists.

4.  2 laptops ( one taking online class, one normal browsing). We tried disconnecting one device, still issue continues.

5. We tried with different channels, the same issue still. We connected back to the TL-WR841N router. It didn't give any issue the whole day. We were using 4 devices at the same time still no issue with TL-WR841N.

I think the problem is with TL-WR845N. We bought it 2 weeks back. From then, every day it is giving this problem.

Options
2021-03-31 01:43:43

@tony0211 

Have you updated the router firmware to the latest, which can be found on the official website here? This latest firmware had optimized the wireless performance.

After the firmware update, please reset the router to factory defaults, then reconfigure it to see if it will be stable.

Options
2021-04-02 05:31:56

@Kevin_Z  Hi Kevin, I updated the firmware to the latest. Still the issue persists. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@tony0211 

Have you updated the router firmware to the latest, which can be found on the official website here? This latest firmware had optimized the wireless performance.

After the firmware update, please reset the router to factory defaults, then reconfigure it to see if it will be stable.

Options
2021-04-02 09:37:37

@tony0211 

After you updated the router firmware, did you reset it to factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch? If not, give it a go.

One more thing, are all the devices disconnecting from the wireless at the same time? Are they disconnecting from the wireless network completely, or they are actually staying connected but no internet access? 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-07-16 10:22:46

@Vasudev and others,

Was there a solution provided? I am facing the same issue with this router... Drop in connection every ~2 hrs... and takes few manual attempts to connect back or restart of router..

no issue with the service provider as I again connected by old router (Trendnet) and was working fine for full day... 

Firm ware is latest, channel is set to AUto and width to 20Mhz

Options
2021-07-16 10:23:33

@Kevin_Z 

Was there a solution? I am facing the same issue with this router... Drop in connection every ~2 hrs... and takes few manual attempts to connect back or restart of router..

no issue with the service provider as I again connected by old router (Trendnet) and was working fine for full day... 

Firm ware is latest, channel is set to AUto and width to 20Mhz

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2850

Replies: 14