MR600 Internet DNS is not what I have entered

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-07 00:46:16
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1

Good morning,

I am a newbie in this community and would appreciate a little guidance in understanding how my router modem works.

I am puzzled why my MR600's internet kept displaying my primary and secondary DNS as the one given by my ISP. I have specifically  stated the required DNS in the advanced LAN setting. Why isn't the device recognizing my specified DNS as the internet primary and secondary DNS? What have I done wrong here?

For your info, when I do nslookup from my PC, it showed that my PC has pulled the DNS I specified on the router modem. But when I surf the web, it is not using my specified DNS at all.

Options
1 Reply
Re:MR600 Internet DNS is not what I have entered
2021-09-05 16:03:42

@kaywhy like you i'm also puzzled about it. On my laptop and desktop(with wireless adapter) it cannot read my primary and secondary dns even after i changed my mr600 lan settings and customized its primary dns and secondary dns. I've check using ipconfig /all command via CMD and saw it did picked up my primary and secondary dns that i setup on my mr600 but checking it online via ipleak.net its still using my isp default dns.

What truly puzzled me is that all my other gadgets such as nintendo switch, smartphone, and tablet did get my mr600 customized dns settings and able to  apply it also when i'm browsing the web and checking it over at ipleak.net.

So what so special about my computers that it did not catch my customized DNS that i setup on mr600 but my other devices can?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 454

Replies: 1