Archer T4U V3 disconnects on Windows 10 but still shows conencted

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-08 09:46:17
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I purchased Archer T4U V3 1.5 months ago. I am pleased with the performance when it is working. Sometimes it stops working, but Windows 10 still shows it is connected to my router, and there is an internet connection. When I tried to open a webpage, I can't connect to anywhere. If I restart my computer or disable/enable the dongle, it starts working again.

I think there is no problem with my router. There is a Macbook, an Android phone, and an Android TV box in my house, which uses the same router wirelessly without any problem. Before Archer T4U V3, I was using another 5GHZ supporting dongle without any problem.

How can I diagnose this problem?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer T4U V3 disconnects on Windows 10 but still shows conencted
2021-01-22 07:39:12

@rustumirstor 

Hi, when it shows connected but no internet, is there a valid IP address on the Windows 10? You may check it as the below:

Press “Windows key+ R”, then there will be a “run” box, input Control Panel and press enter, right click on “Wi-Fi”, go to Status”, then "Details", show me the screenshot.

If there is a valid IP address, try to run a ping command on the computer, ping the gateway as this, also show us the  screenshot:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

Then ping www.google.com, show us the result as well, thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-22 10:46:53

Hi @Kevin_Z ,

I got tired of this problem and returned it 2 days ago.

Options
2021-01-22 11:46:53

@rustumirstor 

Oh, I see, sorry for all inconvenience caused.sad

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 3

Related Articles