Wifi and LAN drops every time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-14 19:48:35
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 65591

My wifi drops a few times a day. Also the LAN of TV that is wire conectet to router keep restarting at least once at 2 hours. Is frustrating tot have an instable network when You're having home office. 

Please provide a solution pe I will return IT tot waranty centre.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi and LAN drops every time
2021-01-15 12:07:11

@Johndoe76542 

Hi, thank you very much for reporting the issue to the community. Can we have more details then try to figure it out?

1. What are the devices connected to the C6 network, is the 2.4G or 5G not stable? If it is the 2.4G, try to change the channel on the main to 1/6/11, change the channel width to 20MHz, then reboot the C6, reconnect to the network to confirm.

2. How many devices are connected to the C6 network? Are all wireless devices connected to the 2.4GHz experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients? If the devices are still connected to the 2.4GHz network but no internet access, please confirm if the devices can still get a correct IP address from C6, what is the IP address? Can you ping the C6 gateway and internet?

3. Is the 5G network stable on the C6? Who is your ISP? When the wireless and TV drops from the internet, are all the LEDs on the C6 still green?

4. How did you recover the connection? Reboot the C6 or just disable the wireless connection on the devices, then re-enable it?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-15 12:18:30 - last edited 2021-01-15 12:23:33

@Kevin_Z 

The 2.4 network and Lan keeps restarting.

On LAN: the tv

On 2.4ghz: 1 laptop, 1security cam

On 5 ghz: 1tv, 2phones, 1 laptop

2. I dont't know how tot ping

3. Didn't know If the problem persist on 5G. Didn't check the leds from WAN. I will check it next time

4. Sometimes I have to disable it an enable IT from phone app. The LAN is recovering it automaticaly and I only are in the tv that "wired network available"

Options
2021-01-22 21:09:16

I came back with other info....

-provider is not the problem. No Red led on the router. With my other router this things doesn't happend.

-changed the wifi chanels manualy...problem still appears.

-today noticed 2 restarts: 1 for 5Ghz wifi, 1 for LAN.

At least only this were observed. Probably had more.

Options