Archer AX50 - DFS channel stored but router gets back to non-DFS on 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-14 20:38:26
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(4555)

Hello TP-Link,

I bought recently (december 2020) Archer AX50 router + Archer TX3000E wifi card.

My previous router was an Archer C2 (AC750 dual band Gigabit router v1.1) and recently I upgraded internet to 940/450Mbps.

On wired link speed achieved on Speedtest was usually around 850/400Mbps.

I had to relocate my computer in a nearby room from where my router stands and I choose a wireless solution.

Basically, distance between router - wifi card is 6-7 meters, but in separate rooms, door open all the time.

I use 2 SSID - one for 2.4GHz usually for phones/tablets and 5.0GHz for computer/netflix/chromecast.

Speed achieved on wireless is around 650/300Mbps depending on link achieved (usually between 1296 ...1728Mbps and on 5GHz).

I checked nearby wireless SSID to see what channels are usually free (for me are 12@40Mhz on 2.4Ghz and 64DFS@160Mhz on 5.0GHz).

Mode is ax mixed with transmit power on high, multi-user MIMO enabled, both cpu cores around 30% and memory 50%.

Basically, every day I check channels in my area and these are free - no other SSID is using them.

And even if they do, the signal is very weak (under -90dBm).

Problem is that even if settings for channel 64 are stored and saved in the router (via http://tplinkwifi.net login from computer) I found that next day channel is 36.

Somehow, after some time that could be 30minutes, 1 hour or 12 hours, he gets back to channel 36, even if channel 64 is free.

To be sure that information about channel on 5GHz is stored correctly, I saved channel again - 64(DFS), I rebouted the router (via http://tplinkwifi.net login from computer), I checked that channel is indeed 64 (is visible on properties of wireless SSID in win10, but I also checked with a net analyzer by phone), which indeed was 64.

Then I stopped router (selected off from physical push button on the back of AX50), then unplugged the power supply and waited for 10minutes.

I plugged the router back, start the router from physical button and waited to start. Channel 64(DFS) was there as it should.

But the next day, when i checked again channel - surprise 36 is back.

Basically, no matter what channel you save in the software on 5GHz, he gets back to 36.

This should not be a problem if link speed would be at least 1728/1728Mbps (what I usually get when router stay on channel 64(DFS)).

But link speed is low, around 576...720Mbps and this is why i get 300/150Mbps when I check on Speedtest.

And one more thing I forgot to mention - I tried many channels on 5GHz and if is not DFS channel speed link is low and router does not give what it should as speed.

I use latest drivers for wifi card from Intel directly (I have a software program that inform me when need to update).

Let me know what can be done to avoid doing every day this channel check/moving thing.

Regards,

Serj

AX50 | TX3000E
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 - DFS channel stored but router gets back to non-DFS on 5GHz
2021-01-28 17:33:09
Problem is still there and not solved. Will someone from TP-Link staff at least bother to reply?
AX50 | TX3000E
Options
2021-01-29 02:22:29

@Serj 

Hello, apologies for the super late reply.

I have sent you a PM, please check and confirm, thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-31 08:04:10
@Kevin Thanks for reply. I will let you know it goes.
AX50 | TX3000E
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1107

Replies: 3

Related Articles