5 GHz stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

5 GHz stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
5 GHz stops working
5 GHz stops working
2021-01-15 09:40:43
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

For some reason 5GHz stopped working. 

Unplugged ethernet and inserted it again. Same thing. Changed from 5 to 2.4 and it worked. 

Is this a known issue? 

Options
7 Reply
Re:5 GHz stops working
2021-01-15 09:45:41

@Imperatorn just wanted to add that, *when* 5GHz works, it works very well. It's just these drop offs that make it inconvenient. 

Options
2021-01-15 11:50:36

@Imperatorn 

Can you still see the 5G network on the devices? Are you unstable to connect to it? If you cannot see the 5G network anymore, try to change the 5G network name to a new one, then change the 5G wireless channel to 36/40/44/48, channel width to 40MHz, change the security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then reboot the AX6000, and try to connect to the 5G network again.

BTW, what are the devices connecting to the 5G network, can they still see other 5G networks when searching?

How about the wired connection and 2.4G network, are they still working?

Options
2021-01-16 16:33:51

@Kevin_Z If/when it happens again I will try to check all these things. 

Thanks 

Options
2021-01-16 19:29:31

@Imperatorn @Kevin_Z 

Hi

I had one AX1500 with this issue, so the retailer (here in South Africa) replaced it. My replacement is doing the same thing. The 5GHz band is off much more than it is on. I have tried all settings and when I turned ON a 5 GHz guest SSID, my main SSID was stable for hours and I thought the problem was solved, but it is not. I bought this router after watching Karl Gosling's YouTube video recommendation:

Video

When trying to set up the router, he suggested in another video that using the AX only mode would give best results. I changed this setting and the 5GHz band has disappeared for over an hour now. I have tried reverting settings.

I am really disappointed that my Quest 2 has finally arrived from the States and I cannot enjoy its full potential, let alone enjoy the smoking speeds of the 5G band.

I guess it is another week wait for a replacement. It won't be a TP Link. :(

Tony

Options
2021-01-18 09:07:43

@kingtin 

Hi, thanks for reporting the issue to the community. Can you please provide some details then we will try to figure it out together?

When you mention 'The 5GHz band is off much more than it is on', does it mean the 5G signal just disappear and no device can find it unless you disable then enable it on its web interface? 

Please check and try to change the 5G wireless settings on the AX1500 web page, such as changing the wireless channel to 36/40/44/48, change channel width to 40MHz, change security to WPA/WPA2-Personal, WPA2-PSK/AES, then reboot it and confirm.

Just to confirm, what is the issue you encounter with the Quest 2? Is the connection not stable, or you cannot connect it to the network? Please kindly describle it in more details, and we will check if we have any suggestions for that.

Options
2021-01-19 06:12:16

@Kevin_Z 

I use a WiFi analyzer app on my android phone to visualize network strength in my home. The 5G band would appear and disappear intermittently. 

The problem might stem from using a wireless device to access router settings. Yesterday I connected my laptop to the router directly with an Ethernet cable and saved a change to the settings and the 5G radio stabilized. It has been on for about 20 hours now. 

Options
2021-01-19 08:20:43

@kingtin 

Awesome. yes

Please monitor the 5G stability, tell us what kind of settings have you modified on the AX1500 if the issue is back, thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 583

Replies: 7

Related Articles