TL-R605 Adoption Fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-R605 Adoption Fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-R605 Adoption Fails
TL-R605 Adoption Fails
2021-01-15 14:06:05
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

Similar to what others have seen, adoption has been failing for me.     In order to configure the device for my network I've painstakingly gone in and changed the IP range, assigned the router an IP and disabled the DHCP server.

Somewhere in the adoption process the router resets itself to the 192.168.0.0/24 network and reactivates its DHCP server.      Which of course creates havoc with the existing clients.

Then the adoption fails.

I have, briefly, seen the 192.168.0.1 IP show up in the Omada options for the device, however even if I issue an update from the Omada controller, it still seems to either not take, or it simply is reverting.

The 1.0 firmware is definitely not ready for use.     When can we expect an update to fix these issues?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-R605 Adoption Fails
2021-01-16 02:07:41

@Dark_Energy 

Hey

I had the exact same problem, turned out it was a setting on the Controller that was pushing out incorrectly (my fault)

Under SETTINGS   >  WIRED NETWORKS there is a LAN pre-set for 192.168.0.0/24    my other existing device where on 10.x/24  addresses

Noticed it kept applying the 0.x/24 range same as you are seeing and couldnt work it out, once i changed this LAN setting to the correct range it worked first time.

It appears to pull its range from this setting during adoption

Hope that helps!

Options
2021-01-16 18:55:34 - last edited 2021-01-16 18:55:55

Hi @Philbert 

That didn't seem to make a difference. 

One thing that helped with your advice is that I set the LAN to force only DHCP with my external DHCP server.  So at least that should prevent the network mess caused by the default active 192.168.0.0/24 DHCP server on the TL-R605. 

So I checked the Omada config:

• Gateway IP and CIDR mask was already setup on my LAN segment for my standard network config
  • Made sure my OC200 had the latest firmware (it is)
  • Reset the TL-R605
  • Attempted to readopt [FAILED to adopt]

I'm going to *again* with a partial manual config on the router but my hopes are pretty low at this point.    Hugely frustrating.

Options
2021-01-19 06:00:28

Dear @Dark_Energy,

Sorry to hear that you have trouble adopting the TL-R605 router in your network.

I'm wondering whether you finally adopt the router successfully? 

If not, you may refer to the following FAQ and check if it is helpful for your case.

【FAQs Released】How to add an Omada Gateway to the network

Appreciate your valued feedback. Please feel free to give a reply if you need any further help.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1223

Replies: 3

Related Articles