TP-Link TL-WN881ND V2 :: Can't connect to wireless network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-20 18:20:54

I have just received a tp link TL-WN881ND V2 and installed the driver from the tp-link cd. The networks show up in the WIFI network list, but I can't connect to any of them even though the signal is full. All my other devices on the network are able to connect so I know teh issue isn't the router. My wireless hotspot from my phone does not connect via wifi either. 

I'm running the latest version of windows 10. Please could someone assist in solving this issue? 

Dylan

Options
7 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-WN881ND V2 :: Can't connect to wireless network
2021-01-22 05:42:20

@DylanW 

Hello, when you try to connect to the wireless network with this adapter, was there any error message, such as incorrect password? Or it didn't ask for it?

Try to disable the Wi-Fi, then enable it again, and check again.

BTW, you may try to remove the driver from the CD, install the latest public driver on the Windows 10, then check again:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191129/TL-WN881ND V2 windows 10 RTL driver 2024.0.4.208.zip

You may remove all the other drivers for this adapter on the computer, then install the above driver manually:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

I hope this helps.

Options
2021-01-22 14:53:03

@Kevin_Z Thanks for the response. I have tried those options and still no luck, unfortunately. Very frustrating!

Any other ideas? I am conisidering returning the adapter for a refund otherwise.

Options
2021-01-25 03:35:39

@DylanW 

When you try to connect to the wireless network with this adapter, was there any error message, such as incorrect password? Or it didn't ask for it? Please check if there is any wireless filtering which may block the computer to connect on the wireless router.

BTW, does it connect to any other wireless network? You may try to enable the Wi-Fi hotspot on a phone, then check if you can connect to that hotspot on this computer. If yes, that means there is nothing wrong with the adapter itself or the driver, but there might be limitations on the wireless network that you are trying to connect. It is suggested to modify the wireless settings on it, such as wireless channel, channel width and sec.

Options
2021-01-25 15:48:10

@Kevin_Z 

When I connect to the wireless network, I just get a message saying "Unable to connect to this network". I am unable to connect via the hotspot on my phone, as well as not via my wifi router.

I have changed settings in the advanced tab of the Properties menu and still no change. I am also running the latest driver. I am unsure how to check if it is the firewall that is not allowing a wifi connection. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet.

Any ideas from here?

Options
2021-01-26 02:47:23

@DylanW 

Thanks for getting back. Can we have the driver version as well as the system info of the Windows 10? You may get those by referring to this article:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

If possible, it is suggested to try this adapter on another Windows computer, check if the issue persists.

BTW, to locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2021-09-26 06:41:47

@DylanW We have purchase 25 TP LINK TL-WN881ND(US)_V2 PCI Adapter for installation, but unfortunately all the 25 Adapters have the same problem "unable to connect to this wireless". 

Our Windows 10 Profession Machine Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 on Processor AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 3700 8-Core Processor             3.59 GHz as 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.

We have Unifi Access Points UP-AC-Pro and UC-AC-M access points with WPA2 PSK enabled

We are sorry to connect the adapter with WIFI..with password protected but able to connect open network with UNIFI

kindly help

Options
2021-09-26 08:00:00

Hello, i just bought PC and i use TP-LINK-WN881ND, i want to connect the Wifi and download the driver, after i download the driver i cant see the TP-LINK Wifi. i cant use DVD because i dont have the DVD drive in my PC, i downloaded through the website.

Any suggestion to fix it? Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2146

Replies: 7

Related Articles