Archer c6 2.4 ghz band access point randomly drops and stuck at Obtaining IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 2.4 ghz band access point randomly drops and stuck at Obtaining IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-24 17:45:35
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.7 Build 20201010 rel.49458(5553)

I've had the Archer A6 for about 6 months. For the last few days, I am experiencing an issue with the A6 2.4ghz band. At many points in the day, the archer a6 fails to connect to devices. Our phones lose internet connection while my laptop on 5ghz is working fine. On phones which are using 2.4 band it says "ip configuration failed" or stuck at obtaining IP address. I have tried tweaking channel width, channel etc. I also have narrowed down the address pool but it still fails.

I also tried to reset it multiple times but of no use.  This is really frustrating didn't expected such a thing from TP-link I might avoid advising others for going with Tplink ahead. I need a replacement and there is no service center near me.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer c6 2.4 ghz band access point randomly drops and stuck at Obtaining IP address
2021-01-25 09:43:28

@gnaik 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community. 

Can we confirm how many devices are connected to the 2.4G network, are they all experiencing the same disconnect issue at the same time? How often does this issue happen, and how did you recover the connection?

What if you try to assign a static IP address for some 2.4G clients, will they connect stably?

A quick confirm, is the Archer A6 working as a router or an access point? Try to schedule the auto-reboot on the A6, then check again.

Options
Re:Archer c6 2.4 ghz band access point randomly drops and stuck at Obtaining IP address
2021-01-25 10:00:15 - last edited 2021-01-25 10:01:21

@Kevin_Z 

Number of  Connected devices : 6-7.

All these devices (iOS, android , windows) experience the same I.e. "Obtaining IP address" 

Using in router mode.

Tried non overlapping channels like 1,6,11

Also assigned static IPs but the same issue arises after sometime.

Note: 5GHz band work properly during this issue

Only way to recover is to either off and on the band by going into the configuration or restarting it

Options
2021-01-25 11:21:31

@gnaik 

Thank you for getting back.

Please try to update to the beta firmware, which gives you the option to disable the Onemesh feature on the A6, give it a try, then monitor the 2.4G connectivity again:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/207232

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 3

Related Articles