3 unit Powerline P9 Mesh not performing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-25 15:36:38
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20200918

Tim Blake1 second ago

I have a 3 x unit Powerline Deco P9 Mesh, all seem to be connected OK, BUT I have a weak signal and drop outs from the unit furthest away from my router. I just don't know if it's using the power line to connect? Is there a way of checking? Also in the advanced settings, there are VLAN, IPTV and MAC Clone all are Disabled! Should I be using any of them?. BGTW I did disable my router wifi network and set up a Deco wifi network. I'm sure there is something that I have overlooked or got wrong...any suggestions would be gratefully received. My house is a long stone cottage with thick walls; My router comes in at one end (office) where I have set-up unit 1, then the other side of a very thick wall (my lounge) I have set-up unit 2, then beyond another thick wall is my kitchen where unit 3 sits. When I check on the Deco App, I notice that the kitchen Deco unit says its Signal source is the Office (and quite weak), whereas I think this should be getting its signal from the Lounge! Tim

Options
3 Reply
Re:3 unit Powerline P9 Mesh not performing
2021-01-26 23:50:47

@Tomborelli Check out this thread for details of how to check the powerline status.

VLAN, IPTV and MAC Clone all disabled on mine and no issues.

Options
2021-01-27 15:24:41

@Tomborelli I had this exact same issue, one unit firthest from main unit kept dropping from the network, it was unusable in mesh but was still contactable by browsing to the IP which is wierd. Anyway, I pushed on this and got a support engineer to look into it. He supplied a new firmware (1.1.3) this morning for my units and everything working perfectly now, including proper full speeds on the furthest unit. There is a link in the forums to the new 1.1.3 firmware, try that out and hopefully you should be right then!

S

Options
2021-01-27 16:07:00
Hi ShaneOC, thank you for your very clear and concise suggestion, I too updated my firmware to 1.1.3 this morning but it didn't help my issue. The Power PLC Backhaul (as I think its referred) just wouldn't work for my furtherest away Deco P9. However, I have been trialling it in different places in the house, and I have finally found a happy place for it in an upstairs faraway bedroom and it seems to be performing. My house is very old with thick walls, although the mains wiring is good, it may not be as modern as is required! But I seem to have found a solution, so I'm going to forget about it all until it goes wrong again! Thanks T
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 456

Replies: 3

Related Articles