Archer C6 - looses internet connection in every 2 days interval

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-26 21:13:31
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

Hi,

I have just bought Archer C6 V2 to use as a router instead of my modem/router provided by cable ISP. I also use two TL-WPA4220 to extend the wireless coverage with OneMesh. I did the setup by the book and everything went well, until 2 days later, internet led on the Archer C6 became orange and had no access to internet. Restarting the router helped to get online but this time routers' web UI became really slow with a constant %100 CPU Load shown in the "advanced" section. This time I reset the router and went through all settings manually. Everything went back to normal, (guess what), until 2 days later the same thing happened. I'm having this loop for a week now. I called the ISP as well as the Cable Modem provider company to see if I'm doing anything wrong while setting up the bridge mode and mac cloning etc. As usual, they told me everything is normal on their side, cable modem gets the signal at a speed it supposed to get etc. I'm guessing it's a firmware lack but not sure. Are there any possible beta firmware versions to fix this?

Kind regards.

Options
20 Reply
Re:Archer C6 - looses internet connection in every 2 days interval
2021-01-26 21:58:26 - last edited 2021-01-26 21:59:00

@VfV 

Are these TL-WPA4220 support OneMesh already ? On the official supported list they are with status 'Planned'.

In this thread's solution you can find a beta FW which was released to improve problems with C6/A6 devices.

You can try it to see if it can help in your case. A new official FW is very much anticipated from C6/A6 owners.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-27 06:23:37 - last edited 2021-01-27 07:40:05

@Ivaylo 

There is an official FW update dated 13 Jan 2021 for TL-WPA4220. It doesn't say "OneMesh capability added" or something but when you install it you can see OneMesh button is arrived. Actually this was the reason I bought Archer C6 to get my TL-WPA4220 devices in to OneMesh network.

I guess the main problem is CPU Load stucking at %100. I hope the beta FW resolves the issue. I will try it.

Options
2021-02-09 21:14:53

@Ivaylo 

The beta FW didn't work. The same thing happens. I'm really frustrated about this. I have a son attending online classes every day (due to pandemic), and he calls me every time he loses connection. Every evening I'm spending 2 hours with this ridiculous issue with no luck. It shouldn't be caused by a simple setting or something like that. Because I tried every setting suggestion I could find in these forums, including hard reset, and I don't think it is faulty hardware; it is faulty firmware because everything is fine after a hard reset, just for 2-3 days. Then the CPU load goes up to %100 (constant) and loses connection. I'm not doing any activity with like torrent downloading or gaming etc. I really regret buying this router, and I'm never going to buy another TP-Link product ever again.

Options
2021-02-09 22:08:22

@VfV

I understand your frustraition - a normal person woild like to just setup and use the device instead of spending 2 hours a day in troubleshooting.

But I really don't know how to help in your case. Have you contacted the local support about this issue ? Lets see if @Kevin_Z could give a suggestion how to proceed further.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-10 02:00:10 - last edited 2021-02-10 02:01:52

Thank you @Ivaylo as always for the suggestions and reminding.

@VfV I have sent you a PM, please check if it helps.

BTW, can you please help verify what is the hardware version and firmware version of the WPA4220? We will try to verify if it supports Onemesh, and may update the release note then.

Options
2021-02-10 16:44:39 - last edited 2021-02-10 17:09:16

@Kevin_Z 

For the mentioned TL-WPA4220;

The Hardware Version: TL-WPA4220 v4.0 (EU)

The Firmware Version: 4.0.4 Build 20201023 Rel.31224 (Published on 13 Jan 2021 and includes OneMesh capability, can be downloaded from this link)

I think the list of supported devices for OneMesh should be updated as well since the list doesn't even mention V4. It only mentions the V5 as "planned".

Having second thought; this could be a marketing strategy mistake by TP-Link, since they should have updated V5 first, instead of V4.

or :) having the third thought; they did it on purpose. Not mentioning that V4 has the OnMesh capability, and not indicating it in the release note of the latest update, to re-direct focusing on selling V5 and preventing people to seek to buy V4.

Kind regards.

Options
2021-02-19 06:24:49

@VfV 

Thank you again for your detailed info and valued suggestion. We will soon verify and confirm this, we will update the compatibility list if it is confirmed to support Onemesh already.

Options
2021-02-20 06:47:47

@Kevin_Z 

Do you know why they removed the latest firmware update (mentioned above) for TL-WPA4220?

Options
2021-02-20 08:08:17

@Kevin_Z 

I just realized something odd. Maybe this was the reason the internet keeps disconnecting on WAN.

When I checked the system log, there were countless messages indicating Access Control "service stopped", then "function disabled" then "service start". And also when I checked the "Access Control" tab under security, I saw it was disabled. I tried to enable and disable it again to see if it stuck somehow, but it doesn't allow me to enable or disable it. The button is not working, nor it allows me to save. When I hit the save button it says "Failed". I rebooted and tried again, the same thing with no luck. Maybe there is a bug related to the access control and causing CPU load to go max. Here are the screenshots:

Options
2021-02-20 08:20:34 - last edited 2021-02-20 08:21:02

@VfV 

Why don't you hard reset (method 1) the device and re-configure from scratch ? That usually solves such unexpected device behavior.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1696

Replies: 20