Slow wired connection on second access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-30 13:47:28 - last edited 2021-02-01 12:01:41

Hi,

I have a main router/modem from my internet provider with fiber connected to it.

This connects to the LAN port of a tp link router on the first floor which itself connects to the LAN port of another tp link router on the second floor. Both of them are setup as access points and have DHCP disabled.

All routers have wifi enabled and same ssid and wifi seems to work well though it's not exactly switching to the correct channel when needed.

Wired connections to computers on the main router and 1st access point are great and give about 800mb/s

Wired connections to the second floor router are limited to about 80/90mb/s instead of the expected 800~

Only difference I can see is that the 1st floor access point has dynamic IP enabled whilst the second one has a static ip (had to select this to disable DHCP).

The 1st access point is an archer c6 and the second one is a TL-WR841N.

I really need fast wired connections from the second access point so if anyone can help that'd be fantastic.

Then any tip is welcome for configuring WiFi channels in a better way so that they don't interfere with each other and enable devices to switch seamlessly.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Slow wired connection on second access point-Solution
2021-02-01 11:20:10 - last edited 2021-02-01 12:01:41

@Anatole 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Both the WAN and LAN ports on the WR841N are 10/100 Mbps ports, this has been stated on the product specifications, so you cannot get more than 100Mbps when connected via the Ethernet cable:

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow wired connection on second access point-Solution
2021-02-01 11:20:10 - last edited 2021-02-01 12:01:41

@Anatole 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Both the WAN and LAN ports on the WR841N are 10/100 Mbps ports, this has been stated on the product specifications, so you cannot get more than 100Mbps when connected via the Ethernet cable:

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Slow wired connection on second access point
2021-07-26 04:13:53
As Kevin has mentioned, your configuration is correct but since you are running close to gigabit internet, get yourself gigabit(10/100/1000) access points.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 935

Replies: 2