Request to introduce bandwidth control option for users atleast for guest user alsolimit data usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Request to introduce bandwidth control option for users atleast for guest user alsolimit data usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-30 14:35:58
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Hi Tp link team,i would request you to introduce Bandwidth Control option for user atleast for guest..it is utmost requirement to manage the traffic effectively....

Further,i would suggest to introduce data quota restrictions option atleast for guest user on per day/week/monthly basis.

But Bandwidth control is utmost requirement for most of us.

Please resolve the conncern ASAP.

Thanks & Regards 

Vijay Kumar

Options
2 Reply
Re:Request to introduce bandwidth control option for users atleast for guest user alsolimit data usage
2021-02-01 06:38:54

@VJG 

Thank you for valued suggestions.

As I previously answered to other customer that we have feedback to the related department, and the bandwidth control feature will be available on the wireless routers in the future firmware update, while we cannot provide you an ETA, we cannot know which model will have it at the moment. You are suggested to pay attention to the official website, or the new firmware notifications on your router web GUI for any new firmware updates.

As for the second advice on the data quota restrictions feature, can you please explain in more details then we can understand it better?

Options
Re:Request to introduce bandwidth control option for users atleast for guest user alsolimit data usage
2021-06-01 15:09:56

@Kevin_Z I have the same requirement to have a data restriction for the guest network. Because, if the data usage is exceeded, the router is disconnected from the internet, so I'm unable to manage it remotely + critical services should still be able to connect to the internet. 

To be specific: I have a 15Gb data plan, I want to allow users to spent 10Gb on the guest network, but I would still want to have 5Gb to be used by domotica/house security + remote management.

If there would be a weekly data restriction option, that would be great.

Thanks!

Options