Deco P9: slow speed of satellite units, units ransomly unavailable.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-03 00:22:53

Hi,
I recently installed a Deco P9 mesh. The main unit is connected via Ethernet to a semi-fiberglass router, the two satellites are in adjacent rooms. Communication is via Wi-Fi (weak,thick stone walls) and PLC.
Issue 1

The Wi-Fi speed on the satellites is typically less than half the speed of the main unit (100 vs 220 Mbps).I have been struggling with this discrepancy for quite some time, plugging the satellites into different outlets, resetting the units. 

Issue 2
The other problem I have from time to time is one or the other satellite cannot be found in the app although the LED is white. I have to unplug the unit (resetting doesn't work because there is no connection). I have exchanced units to make sure it's not hardware related. I have plugged them into other power outlets in the same room. It still happens occasionally.This issue is lower priority. 

I appreciate any help I can get. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco P9: slow speed of satellite units, units ransomly unavailable.
2021-02-03 09:57:54

@benpal I am also experiencing the same issue, main unit works (not always stable) . Satellite units always keep disconnecting, or showing white light , but not detectable through the app, honestly now I feel like it was a complete waste of money , it doesn't come cheap in price, yet cheap in performance. 

Options
2021-02-03 12:25:07

@benpal 

I have a similar issue - one of the satellite units is full speed. However the other satellite unit is a lot slower. I have noticed that the slow satellite unit does not show 5ghz connectivity (it is only showing 2.4Ghz & PLC). 

I have sent a question to TP lin help this morning to see why this would be. 

Options
2021-02-03 12:25:51
Forgot to say - the main deco unit is showing full speed.
Options
2021-02-03 15:00:48

@benpal Ive had these same issues, I was having a remote unit dropping off constantly. A new firmware is imminent, there is a link to a debug version of 1.1.3 on this forum that has resolved my issues completely. 

Options
2021-02-03 20:43:18
Hi, So I'm not the only one. I have submitted a ticket to support a month ago. They responded twice and since then no more responses although I sent them additional info on the configuration and speed history reports. I have downloaded and installed firmware 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057. The issue is not solved.
Options
2021-04-08 09:55:23
@Ta-Dah Did you get a response from Support? I'm still having the same problem and no answer from Support after months of asking.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 635

Replies: 6