Deco Connection of units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Connection of units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco Connection of units
Deco Connection of units
2024-01-22 09:43:47 - last edited 2024-04-30 07:02:38
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

Hi,

I have three Deco units connected at home on the same floor with Main connected to ISP's Router by cable. 2nd one in the hallway comes next which connects wireless to main. 3rd unit in the living room connects to unit in hallway which is nearer.

The problem I face is that the one in the living room sometimes connects to the main unit even though it is much farther than the one in the hallway. The signal is very weak but it stays that way even though I try to shift its connection back to the one in Hallway. Earlier, I could reboot and it would connect to hallway automatically. Recently, it has taken a more firm stance and connects to Main Unit even after rebooting and even though the one in Hallway is nearer.

My question is:

Is it possible to set a preference or sequence for connection of a unit that it needs to follow? In my case, it needs to connect to the one in hallway and 2nd preference should be the main unit, located farther away.

Looking forward a positive response

Suneeth

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco Connection of units-Solution
2024-01-22 12:55:38 - last edited 2024-04-30 07:02:38

@Suneeth 

What you need is Connection Preference feature which will allow to configure where Satellite Deco should connect.

This feature is not available in firmware 1.5.8. TP-Link released beta firmware for M4 that supports this feature. If you want to install it, see here: Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

For that feature to work, beta firmware must be installed on every M4 in your Deco mesh.

This document describes how to use Connection Preference feature: How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco Connection of units-Solution
2024-01-22 12:55:38 - last edited 2024-04-30 07:02:38

@Suneeth 

What you need is Connection Preference feature which will allow to configure where Satellite Deco should connect.

This feature is not available in firmware 1.5.8. TP-Link released beta firmware for M4 that supports this feature. If you want to install it, see here: Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

For that feature to work, beta firmware must be installed on every M4 in your Deco mesh.

This document describes how to use Connection Preference feature: How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

Recommended Solution
Options