Onemesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Onemesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Onemesh
Onemesh
2021-02-03 13:00:10
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have an Archer AX6000 and a RE505x and I find it impressive that until today there is no support for Onemesh technology on the AX6000. I also have an Archer C7, which is much cheaper and has supported the technology for a long time. After all, when will the promised firmware update for the AX6000 come out to make it compatible with Onemesh?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Onemesh
2021-02-18 01:24:02

@Marcelo-Alegria 

Hello, thanks for asking.

I saw you have already upgraded to the Onemesh firmware for the AX6000, and it seems you've set it up successfully, while you are experiencing some issues, we will try to work it out.

When you disable the Smart Connect on the AX6000, and add the RE505X into the Onemesh network, is the connection not stable? How often does it happen, does the RE505X disappear from the Onemesh list? What if you try other 5G channels, such as 40 or 44?

When the Smart Connect is enabled on the AX6000, the RE505X can only connect at 2.4G? How did you discover that? Can I have some screenshots to show this?

Options
2021-02-18 03:13:55

@Kevin_Z Hi, Leaving the smart connection option enabled on the AX6000, the RE505X cannot see the 5GHz frequency, only the 2.4GHz one. Leaving the smart connection option disabled and setting the 5GHz channel to 36, the RE505x can see it. But the connection, even with the smart connection disabled, is unstable. Even falling.

With the smart connection option disabled, the RE505X can be configured with Onemesh, it appears normally, but cannot see the 5GHz frequency. I noticed that when connecting using the smart connection enabled it uses higher channels, like: 140.

I can check the connection of the RE505X in two ways: First: by the RE505X itself, which shows that it is connected only at 2.4GHz to the AX6000. Second: on the AX6000 that shows the RE505X connected only at the 2.4 GHz frequency.

I am currently leaving the RE505X unused. Because if I turn it on, the network is very damaged and unstable. The AX6000 comes with the newest firmware with Onemesh enabled and is not experiencing any problems whatsoever.

Leaving the AX6000 with the Onemesh option enabled or disabled it is running smoothly. The case changes as soon as I turn on the RE505X and connect it. From then on, the network had general instability.

I tried to disable Onemesh, both on the AX6000 and on the RE505X, I did the configuration without the smart connection option, and setting the 5GHz channel to 36. Even so, the connection is unstable. With the smart connection option enabled, the problem of not seeing the 5GHz frequency also occurs, even with Onemesh turned off.

Options
2021-02-19 01:16:57

@Marcelo-Alegria 

When the Smart Connection is enabled on the AX6000, it will automatically broadcast a 5G signal at band 4, which could be 140 as you already found, so the RE505X cannot see it. The RE505X is an EU version as per your description, which only supports band 1 5G, that is the reason why it cannot see the 140 5G signal. Since you got a US AX6000 while with an EU RE505X, you will need to disable the Smart Connection to use the Onemesh 5G connection.

As for the instability issue, is the 2.4G and 5G signal LED on all the time, or it will be off when it disconnects? How far between the two devices? Try to move them closer to each other, ensure the RE can get a good signal from the AX6000, then monitor the connectinity again.

Options
2021-02-19 02:50:33

@Kevin_Z Hi, I really thought about this possibility, but there is a catch. Before upgrading the AX6000 to the new firmware that supports Onemesh, the system was working perfectly with the smart connection option enabled. The RE505X was able to normally find the 5GHz network and stayed that way for a good period of time without having any problem of instability or signal loss. Only after upgrading to the new firmware did this problem appear. All leds on the RE505X are lit. And the distance between the equipment is not long, in the location assistant he informs me that the distance is perfect (perfect sign).

I just rewired the RE505X, and put it to work on Onemesh, as the AX6000 is transmitting 5GHz on channel 36 (Smart Connection is enabled) the RE505X is working perfectly. I'll leave it on and analyze how it works. I believe that as soon as the AX6000 changes the channel, I will have a better idea of ​​what is happening.

Is there a way to know the country or area of ​​the equipment (US or EU)?

Options
2021-02-19 11:17:16

@Kevin_Z Hi, I had to turn off the RE505X again. Even though it is connected to both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, the connection is unstable. Latency increases dramatically and packet losses begin to occur. Some devices such as my notebook, which has an Intel AX200 Wi-Fi 6 network card, experience momentary connection loss. The same is true of some other devices, my Samsung Note 20 Ultra smartphone.

The AX6000 is maintaining channel 36 to 5GHz, so the RE505X continues to connect on both bands.

Options
2021-02-20 02:23:32

@Marcelo-Alegria 

Thank you very much again for your detailed info. You can find the region version on the device bottom sticker, there will label a US or an EU next to the model number.

BTW, the tech team was made aware of your issue, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check and confirm.

Options
2021-02-20 03:18:04

@Kevin_Z Thanks for your help. I will check and carry out the necessary procedures!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 668

Replies: 7

Related Articles