AX50 - Wifi 5GHz best perf -> Same SSID vs Smart Connect - Solution ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-04 22:32:42 - last edited 2021-03-01 08:13:59
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

Just a small testimonial following several tries and tests I've done to get the best wifi perf at home.

I have around 20 devices at home. I must admit I have no particular stability issues. However I would qualify Wifi Perf as "middle-range".

I also have 2 AX clients. After extensive tests using my laptop which is having an AX201 wifi card here is my conclusion :

Do not use Smart Connect and do not select auto channel witdh selection for 5Ghz.

Perf are divided by at least two in term of bandwith / link quality with equiv. device / environnement / distance in my case.

Using smart connect, even without 5ghz other wifi around, the router seems to stay in 80Mhz and speedtests are slower. Also, no QoS, no Security options are set.

Below my settings, do not hesitate to try and tell me if it's better for you also or not ! ;)

SSID are the same. No issues at all.

For 2 .4 Ghz 

For 5Ghz

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX50 - Wifi 5GHz perf testimonial => Same SSID vs Smart Connect
2021-02-08 09:41:45

@Ben78 

Just wandering, what if you disable the OFDMA on the AX50 while leave the Smart Connect enabled, reboot it to confirm?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-08 14:41:07 - last edited 2021-02-08 14:50:03

@Kevin_Z With OFDMA and without SmartConnect

WITHOUT OFDMA and WITH Smart Connect after reboot

Options
2021-02-11 09:36:23 - last edited 2021-02-11 09:36:58

@Kevin_Z For you to know. You may try to reproduce it in your lab :

Manual configuration : 5ghz 160Mhz, auto channel 

Login using Web Interface : activation of Smart Connect - reboot -> Results 5Ghz : 80 Mhz

Manual configuration : 5ghz 160Mhz, auto channel 

login using Tether app : activation of Smart Connect - reboot -> Results 5Ghz : 160Mhz

Did it twice, same behavior

OFDMA is on

Options
2021-03-01 08:12:40

@Kevin_Z No issue and 160Mhz since my last post. Better Wifi signal and perf.

I think it is something interesting to check / update for your next FW.

@All AX50 users, could someone try and confirm that the 160Mhz bandwith is working correctly by doing the same configuration steps 

Bye !

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1232

Replies: 4

Related Articles