Quest 2 drops connection when router redirects to WAN connection error, virtual desktop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Quest 2 drops connection when router redirects to WAN connection error, virtual desktop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-08 01:48:42 - last edited 2021-02-08 18:59:46
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

How can i disable the wan connection error page so that local connections still work, is this something that can be passed onto the developers as a patch to include?

I'm using some software called Virtual Desktop which allows streaming over the local network, internet connection is not required. I would love for this to be an option for the router so virtual desktop can continue working, it's fine is we have 'Disable error pages' and allow the default router behaviour which would be a timeout (if acessing a remote source)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Quest 2 drops connection when router redirects to WAN connection error, but i don't need the web...-Solution
2021-02-08 09:36:08 - last edited 2021-02-08 09:44:27

I get that we need error pages but surely we can just allow a timeout and the user will know there is an issue with their internet, let us configure it! And also allow other devices on the network to be connected too whilst internet connection is down..

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Quest 2 drops connection when router redirects to WAN connection error, but i don't need the web...
2021-02-08 02:53:40

@kdon0121 

Hi, as far as we understand, this cannot be disabled currently. This WAN connection error or redirect only occurs when there is no internet on the router WAN side, this is reminding you to check and fix the internet connection issue just in case you are not sure what is going on when the devices connected to the router wireless network but failed to access the internet. The internet sometimes goes down only for the wireless devices but not always with the WAN internet connection, we use this error to distinguish that, and we think that is more clear to locate the internet issue on some feedback. While we will report this to the development team to consider how to improve.

Just to confirm, as per your description, it seems that the WAN connection on the AX1500 is not stable, which would be the reason why the Quest 2 drops the connection. Please check and confirm how is the Quest 2 connected to the AX1500, and ensure the firmware of the AX1500 is up-to-date.

Options
Re:Quest 2 drops connection when router redirects to WAN connection error, but i don't need the web...
2021-02-08 09:33:44

@Kevin_Z Yep thats correct, the internet can cut out but im not always using it when using the router... I'd really like a way to disable the wan connection error page so we can still access servers and devices on the network... If this can be passed on as a firmware update i'd really appriciate it.

Options
2021-02-08 09:34:39

Im using this router to stream Virtual Desktop VR to my quest from my PC no internet is required!

Options
Re:Quest 2 drops connection when router redirects to WAN connection error, but i don't need the web...-Solution
2021-02-08 09:36:08 - last edited 2021-02-08 09:44:27

I get that we need error pages but surely we can just allow a timeout and the user will know there is an issue with their internet, let us configure it! And also allow other devices on the network to be connected too whilst internet connection is down..

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-02-08 09:51:25

@kdon0121 

Sure, we have reported this to the related department, they will consider the optimization.

Options
2021-02-08 10:07:08

I appriciate that, @Kevin_Z Thank you! Other than this i can't find any faults

Options
2021-02-08 18:57:02 - last edited 2021-02-08 18:57:24

It's connected by 5ghz wifi, it's in the same room as my quest as well and i've used some signal apps for android to help determine the best channel, i've bought this modem specifically for the wifi 6 ax, which boosts my in game performance significantly, to perfect my set up i need to be able to disable these error pages. When the internet is up it is flawless, but i would love for it to be none interrupting for single player games that i stream through the router

Options
2021-05-19 03:21:11

@Kevin_Z 

So i have the tplink mr6400 v5 4g i configured a  windows server 2008 r2 webserver port 80 Internet Information services  & remote desktop connection port 3389 doesnt work over internet external  public ip address then internal private  ipaddress only private ip work single ip address LAN working i cannot access anywhere over internet pubic ip adress

Normally i would access my pc from outside my house with my modem.

Now i wanna setup remote desktop connection and it doesn't work.

I used the right external and internal port for remote desktop (3389) and the ip of the pc i wanted to access.

But when i wanna acces it with my ip form my isp it cant connect to it.

It does work locally when I type the external public  IP address from the tplink mr6400 4g router  currently firmware v5 

If i check it of the port is open, i see its closed on overy ip adress that . https://gyazo.com/d66aec2b7541a238c55c75a9402aa7c3

This is my setup; the tplink mr6400 v5  4g router is connected to my modem and from  tplink mr6400 v5 Ethernet  connected to my windows server 2008 R2

Options
2021-05-19 03:27:13

@Jitheshvaz 

It is suggested to post your issue on the below sub-forums:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/123

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 887

Replies: 9