Archer MR600(EU) V1 and 4G+ band aggregation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-10 07:50:37 - last edited 2021-02-10 10:22:25
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version:1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n

In general, I am rather happy with my new modem. Unfortunately, like for many other users, 4G+ mode is never active. 

My SIM is definitely capable of linking multiple bands, and it works on another modem, on the phone and iPad without any problem.

My provider is Austrian Drei, and I am using it in very close proximity to the tower that supports B1 and B3. Tests performed on the phone 

(I have an advanced diagnostic App installed) shows that there is no problem to do links in any combination: B3-B1, B3-B3, B1-B1.

The signal is nearly perfect RSRP -80, RSRQ -8, SNR 25+, but no luck with getting band aggregation. I did try the latest beta. No problems to

select B1 and B3 in any combination, but only one is used. The previously shared table of supported modes indicates that CA_3C and CA_3A-3A should work,

but they don't work for me. I get just a single B3. The speed is not so bad, but jitter gets too high occasionally compare to the test done on the phone (2-3 times

compare to phone 4G+ mode). And that is a big deal for me as it has a substantial impact on video conferencing quality. If I use my phone with that SIM

as a modem and access point, there is no problem, and I get 4G+. So it is definitely not a network provider. And this is a rather frustrating experience with Euro 100+ device.

I hope your engineers and programmers could find a solution and incorporate it in the future firmware. And to have support for CA_1A-1A and CA_1A-3A or CA_3A-1A

would be good too.

Best regards,

AG2

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 444

Replies: 0

Related Articles