Archer MR600 V2 LAN ports don't work when WAN backup configuration is set

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-10 16:38:30 - last edited 2021-02-11 09:53:59
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 201203 Rel.59032n

Hello,

I've just bought this 4G+ router that has been set up as WAN backup. I followed these steps (How to set up the 3G and 4G Backup on TP-Link LTE Gateway?)

All connected wifi devices work well.

The IP security camera (Ethernet RJ45 camera), when connected to the primary WAN router (It's an optical fiber modem/router), works well.

I tried to disconnect the IP CAM ethernet cable out from the primary modem/router and connect it on to one of the Archer MR600's LAN ports. The IP CAM is NOT recognized by the MR600. I can't see it listed in the Base nor Advaced (Network -> LAN Setup) views.

I tried to read several docs in this forum but I didn't find anything useful by now.

I'm guessing that the WAN backup setup for some reason is excluding ALL LAN ports and only wifi devices are working.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your help

Ago

EDIT: my fault. My IP Camera was set with a fixed IP Address that was recognized by the optical fiber modem/router (primary WAN router), only. I've then changed the IP Camera from fixed IP to DNS and connected the ethernet cable into the Archer MR600. It was finally able to "see" the IP Camera this time.

Alll works fine. Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 851

Replies: 0