archer c6 v2 - any hope in this brick?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-10 22:03:13
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

Hi there

After having this exteremely unstable from the box, on the provided software, after hope with updating it. Is there still a hope it will ever get stable?

I have it set up to restert itself daily, morning. Still after a day of 2-3ppl working online it gets crappy. I see pings at 100-1500ms or more. Setup is also not responsive at all. If I restart it - it starts to works normally.

So. Is there any hope this brick of poo will work as a normal hardware, or should I just acknowledge tp link works like tplink? Or should I go for open wrt and loose warranty on it?

You know. I was complaining when router was required to restart monthly. This is another level. Even the setup does not allow to auto - restart more often :D

Options
9 Reply
Re:archer c6 v2 - any hope in this brick?
2021-02-11 00:29:29 - last edited 2021-06-15 10:20:45

@oulymouly ,

Have you tried the beta FW from this thread ?

This has been released during last Christmas, targeting wireless stability, while still waiting for the next stable FW.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-11 10:39:34
Thanks. I will try. Still this is another update of the hardware im operating for months now and it is crap till day I bought it :(
Options
2021-02-13 11:42:26

Who can provide me the beta firmware 1.3.6  for Archer A6 RU V2?

Thank you!

Options
2021-02-15 19:56:09 - last edited 2021-02-15 19:58:37

I did not take long. Since updated to last beta I had to disconnect and connect to wifi to get internet connection - twice. Also my cable connected tv-pc stuck with no connection for a while.

How can I get official response frm tplink? Is this poo of hardware to be replaced under warranty? If it is like this for months now, I do not believe they can make it stable enough.

I upgraded on Friday or Saturday, so seems this gets funky daily - not much changed. I found menus more responsive.. till I connected to my old router and it reminded me router soft can be responsive.

Options
2021-02-22 01:49:38

@oulymouly 

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware we provided here? Please show us the detailed firmware version of your Archer C6.

When you are talking about the disconnect issue, can you please confirm if you are disconnected from the 2.4G network completely on all devices, or you are actually still connected to the network but no internet? Is the 5G and wired connection stable or not? Please ensure the internet LED on the C6 is green all the time. Who is your ISP, please?

Options
2021-03-03 16:37:58

@Kevin_Z I am on newest beta. I use auto 2,4/5g. Laptop is connected in 5G.

What usually happens is I am staying connected but ping is lost or gets at ~2kms. It happend three times today. I do not need to restar the router but just disconnect and connect to wifi.

Did not had issues with cable connection.

This is not working for me. I work remotely.

Options
2021-03-04 09:17:10

@oulymouly 

"This is not working for me. I work remotely." What does this mean? Do you mean you are not in the location of the Archer C6? Have you tried to disable the Onemesh feature on the C6? If not yet, give it a go, then check again.

How many devices are connected to the 5G and 2.4G network most of the time, are they experiencing the issue at the same time?

Options
2021-06-10 09:18:24

@Kevin_Z I work from home = i am depandant on internet connection.

Yes. I tried every single firmware including all beta ones. Disabled onemesh, and every other option in many configuration. Spent hours in setup and a year tring to get it stable with simple functionality. Be a router and give me a working wifi. Never got Archer C6 stable for a single day. Always dropping connection, lagging, disconnecting random devices.

I figured out a simple fix for this. Just bought different router from a different company. Setup everything as I wanted. It is working just fine - never had an issue since then.

So. I know, there is a chance tplink has some working devices in offer. This one should be replaced/upgraded for the customers cause it is a nightmare brick and worst piece of hardware I seen. My customer and user experience is so bad I will probably never buy tplink product again.

Options
2021-06-15 03:22:22

@oulymouly 

Sorry to know you have returned the Archer C6, the support engineers contacted you on May 31, while you didn't respond to their email, so there is no chance to help you resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Anyway, it's glad to hear that another brand works just fine in your network. Enjoy it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 907

Replies: 9

Related Articles