Poynting XPOL2 arial makes WiFi signal with TP LINKAC750 router worse, what am I doing wrong?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Poynting XPOL2 arial makes WiFi signal with TP LINKAC750 router worse, what am I doing wrong?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-14 15:46:23
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm using the TP LINK AC750 dual band 4G router at my farm and it gets about 4mbps download speeds. When I connect up my Poynting XPOL2 antenna my signal drops to about 2mbps download. Why is this? Am I doing something wrong? I just hook in the two male connectors to where the antennas that come with the router are. Do I have to change any admin settings so the router knows I am using an arial? I need a stronger connecton to stream my cameras. Please help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Poynting XPOL2 arial makes WiFi signal with TP LINKAC750 router worse, what am I doing wrong?
2021-02-15 22:41:58

@Dylan1234 

The AC750 is a WiFi repeater, not a 4G router.

Regarding the antenna: It is a directional antenna that needs to be pointed at the base station with an accuracy of less than 45°.

Other orientations will result in a weaker signal strength.

Usually the router detects automatically if an external antenna is connected.

Options
Re:Poynting XPOL2 arial makes WiFi signal with TP LINKAC750 router worse, what am I doing wrong?
2021-02-18 13:20:06

@Baenz 

Mia it definitely a repeater? It says it's a dual band 4G router on Argos? Would a 4G router increase signal strength then? If so what would you recommend?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 453

Replies: 2